Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

They put the thing on their head

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the Karma could work this way: If you get in an accident and skin your knee and bend your bike, then everyone has an argument about whose fault it is and whatnot. But if, you don't come out of it so swell due to a head injury, then it doesn't matter who's fault it is, the other fella/gal will be forever changed, and be haunted by it the rest of their lives. And then there are those who might care about you. You can hurt more than yourself. A lot of times we don't think about that. To illustrate the point, a lot of suicides plan on just those effects as the goal of their actions.

Just a thought.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
Everybody acts like I'm crazy or something.. what's up with that.

You know what I'm talkin about.
You mean you're not?

Not busting you about not wearing a helmet. Saw your reaction in the national safety measures thread and I like my skin where it is. Not scattered all over the 'net, thank you From what I've gathered from your posts you ride like a banshee, are rather well known by the leos in your area for your riding and might give up riding if forced to wear a lid.

Not even a teensy, weensy, wittle bit?

Owning something doesn't mean the person knows how to care for it. The condition previous owners leave many used bikes is proof of that. The link I posted in the gixxer joke thread about the nit going 60,000 miles before changing the oil in his BMW is proof of this (really, look at the pictures). The multitudes of people that are prolly banned from having sea monkeys yet are still allowed to reproduce are proof of this.

What do you want? Life to make sense or something???

Old 12-03-2009, 05:48 PM

i liked sea monkeys... my queen angel loved themm(salt water aquarium)

Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 PM

not busting your chops or anything but you need to be careful about ragging on wearing safety gear. theres probably alot of new guys on the forum reading that and thinking that if they wear gear they arent "tough" enough to ride. i wear gloves jacket and helmet. you can be the greatest thing on a bike since sliced bread but that doesnt mean you cant get hurt by some moron in an suv on the phone not paying attention to you in the next lane.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember back in the early 70's (Yeah I can remember things that far back, but recent stuff??...) Anyway this state (N.S.W) introduced compulsory helmet laws then (71/72) & a lot a bike riders didn't like the idea of being told that they had to wear a helmet. Even though many did anyway, this is back in the days when the only helmets you could get where open face & no real standard other than the Snell (http://www.smf.org/stds.html)
which meant a lot of p*ss poor helmets on the market with with no real benefit other than keeping your hair dry in the rain.
In many ways I still miss the days when you could ride with the wind in your hair, (although these days even if I were able to not ride with a helmet, the only way i could feel the wind in my hair would be loosening a few buttons on my shirt).
But I also remember the bugs & gravel bouncing of my eyeballs, not being able to keep my eyes properly on the road from the pain of rain driving into my face.
The days helmets are good & I would not ever consider forking out money on a cheapie. make no mistake, they do save lives & keep your hair dry (if you have any, lucky bastards).

Last edited by pacemaker; 12-03-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM

hey meggers , i saw sum killer lids for chicks at JP cycles ...lookem up on google...sweet

Old 12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't actually ride that crazy.. my bike's just loud. I mean, I get on it every now and again, who doesn't. One of our buddies is friends with some cops and all they said was that girl rides everywhere all the time..

Never did I advocate not wearing gear. I think wearing gear is a fabulous idea. All I said was wear it properly (to replace helmets that smacked yer head in....)

Old 12-06-2009, 01:52 PM

im all for wearing gear i ride with a helmet jacket and gloves but in the same token folks there are times i hit rhode island and cruise the newport shore and wear no helmet does that make me a less responsible or safe rider...no it just says that im enjoying my ride at a comfortable speed and chose not to where my helmet so what im trying to say is it should be a choice not law and noone should consider a person who isnt wearing one a less responsible or safe rider than they are. the minute we throw our leg over that motorcycle we assume a risk that cagers dont, thats the risk we chose so helmets gear etc etc really should fall in the same catagory and i mean absolutly no disrespect to anyone so please do not take this as negative peace and be safe

Old 12-06-2009, 02:15 PM

Very good point.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here's an interesting question for those who choose no lids: How would you feel if your various insurance carriers chose not to cover any injuries resulting from an accident with no lid on?

Say if you get in an accident without wearing a lid, whoever covers your motorcycle pays for the property damage but doesn't allow any medical coverage. Your AD&D carrier chose not to cover your accident. Your life insurance carrier chose not to pay any benefits.

What would you do in that case?

Quick Reply: They put the thing on their head