Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are there CBRforum gatherings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there CBRforum gatherings?

In my V8 RX-7 world, we have an annual gathering. Lasts for a weekend, and people come from all over the country. It's been fun to put faces to names in real-time. A kid showed up on bald tires. He went for a ride with one of the organizers while we put a new set of wheels and tires on his car. Man was he freaked out when he returned from his innocent ride. Random act of kindness kind of thing!

I'm askingif there areCBRforums gatherings because I just read the latest post on Claires thread about her sister, the beloved Jules. As great as everyone seems here in CBR world, it sure seems like some sort of gathering sometime would be cool.

The RX-7 one is huge, and takes a good bit of planning. Just thought I'd ask, since I'm relatively new here as far as post count goes.

-Mark

Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: Are there CBRforum gatherings?

Yeah, theres a bunch of diffrent meets dependant on where your from. I'm going to the MidWest Meet in Wisconsin Dells in may. Just check in the regional forums

Old 04-04-2008, 02:03 PM

I'd try and get some kind of meet going for the Central and southern United states (and anybody else willing to make the drive), but it seems that there's not a ton of interest in that kind of thing around here, and everyone that is somewhat near me (minus one particular forum member... who I've still not met somehow, I'm looking at you DFour. ) and we ride together alot of the time and hang out anyway.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

I'd try and get some kind of meet going for the Central and southern United states (and anybody else willing to make the drive), but it seems that there's not a ton of interest in that kind of thing around here, and everyone that is somewhat near me (minus one particular forum member... who I've still not met somehow) and we ride together alot of the time and hang out anyway.
i'm down, BUT IM NOT WILLING TO MAKE THE DRIVE!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

i'm down, BUT IM NOT WILLING TO MAKE THE DRIVE!!!!
I know! This works out GREAT! I've got a brand new bike sitting in my garage now... anybody want a slightly rashed F4I with custom paint? Needs a stator cover and oil and you're good to go! Comes with 2 helmets... umm... oh, and "howz do u bypass teh ignitionz lolz!!1!1?"

Seriously though... I see this tried a bunch, and we just can't seem to get things to happen. Maybe it's because motorcycles aren't as comfy, people puss out with weather (too hot, cold, rainy, whatever), we've generally got limited storage space, and less of us have alternative means to make the trip with, say, hauling the bikes somehow. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to one, it's why I try to meet people when I'm out of town working... it just can't seem to get off the ground.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM

We have a nice NorthEast meetthread going, it's easy for us because a 2 hour ride you can go thru 3 states...out west and down south you need to ride 8 hours just to get to the border...

Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i tried, i failed, it'll never happen.

seriously though, its just as lrn2go stated....not AS comfy as a car, yada yada. plus if you try to do a FULL ON FORUM meet, alot of people dont want to ride too far and dont like that the meeting location isnt in their backyard.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:17 PM

On a side note - YAY RX-7's and BOO LS1 RX-7's

haha, I bet you thought you'd get away from that flamming in the bike world - i'm an RX-7 rotary purist at heart (although I can appreciate the work put into the V8 conversion, and I know they get better fuel milage, same weight distrobution, blah blah blah) - My first car was an 87NA and my 3rd car was an 84 GSL-SE.

Looking to get a 95 in the next few years, a guy from work has a beautiful red 94 with 11,000 stock miles on her ::sigh:: and no, i'm not going to consider the swap ;-)

Like others said - go to the regional section to see if anything is going on near you, if not - start something up yourself!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:36 PM

Ah ha! I was one of the first in the US to do an LS1 FC, back in '01. Having been a rotary purist since '91 when I got my first RX-7, an '87 TII, red. Got it up to 345 RWHP while still rotary. As we speak I have an '88 'vert, bone stock, and rotary, as a daily driver. Probably never gonna swap it either. I love my LS1 RX-7's but I'm definately not a hater!

(Actually nothing pisses me off more than some trust-fund brat getting an LS1 RX-7 having never experienced the rotary for a single mile.)

Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: kiker14

On a side note - YAY RX-7's and BOO LS1 RX-7's

haha, I bet you thought you'd get away from that flamming in the bike world - i'm an RX-7 rotary purist at heart (although I can appreciate the work put into the V8 conversion, and I know they get better fuel milage, same weight distrobution, blah blah blah) - My first car was an 87NA and my 3rd car was an 84 GSL-SE.

Looking to get a 95 in the next few years, a guy from work has a beautiful red 94 with 11,000 stock miles on her ::sigh:: and no, i'm not going to consider the swap ;-)

Like others said - go to the regional section to see if anything is going on near you, if not - start something up yourself!
word.. had a 93, and an 89 in high school.... <----bad idea dad

Quick Reply: Are there CBRforum gatherings?