Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is there anything more sad....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anything more sad....

***REMOVED - The more I thought about this one, the more I realized that this is a can of shi*t I don't want to open***

Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Default RE: Is there anything more sad....

Ok, so you're ranting...

Care to elaborate on what prompted this outburst?

Or should we just wait with the popcorn for the flamefest that is sure to follow?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Firstly, let me emphasize that I'm not, nor ever was, a US Marine. Having said that, I would concur with Shoortbus's sentiments regarding the debt of gratitude owed by the civilian population to the armed forces of any country for the sacrifices made by soldiers everywhere. But I differ in my opinion from that point on....
The Marines have a proud history going back generations, and I think it's unfair to judge an entire unit by the actions of the few. It's happened before, and it will surely happen again......
Back in the 70's the US and other armed forces were branded "babykillers" by members of the public opposed to the Vietnam War. They were of course, anything but - just soldiers doing a job.
I am, was, and will always be a paratrooper, and proud of it, even though my days of "jumping out of perfectly good airplanes" are a thing of the past, which is a pity. I too, fought for my country, and had many good friends die in pursuit of Government policy........distorted policy, I grant you, but soldiers have no choice who they fight, that's a political and economic decision.

I'd say let's not judge people too harshly, Shoortbus...I'm sure you have your reasons for the post, whatever they may be......
Care to elaborate ?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Ok, so you're ranting...

Care to elaborate on what prompted this outburst?

Or should we just wait with the popcorn for the flamefest that is sure to follow?

I assume it's from the "For anyone who WAS/IS/WILL BE military" thread.

An Iraq War debate almost broke out. I have strong feelings about this, and will gladly throw in my 2 cents. I'll back back late tonight...