Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Thanks to the 'Squids'

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Thanks to the 'Squids'

A Thanks to the ‘Squids’

I ride because of you. I was that kid sitting in the back seat waving at you right before you pulled the wheelie and zoomed off. I was the guy driving his first car when you went roaring by at speeds my little 240sx could never dream of, giving me a heart attack because of the earth shattering growl from your non-silenced cut-off exhaust. You guys created the lust and passion that built up in me until I turned 20 and decided it was time to grow some wings and fly.

People bash on you because they think what you are doing is stupid. You ‘stunters’ get bad reps because of the things you pull on public roads, the speed demons get called Squids because you go flying by 40-60 miles over the speed limit. Well my hat is off to all of you, because without you I would not be riding a bike today. I don’t necessarily follow that path of death-defying speeds, or crazy stunts, but that’s mostly due to my baby looking mint and me not wanting to ruin her.

I’m just tired of seeing every forum I visit bash anyone who goes out and does what they love, calling them names, smashing their threads with unneeded content that solves no purpose except putting people down.

Without you, I wonder just how many riders we would have out there today, living free.

Thank you.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still be riding and I will always bash those type of riders. But they are still apart of biking regardless.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your post reminds me of those beer commercials with the dude singing the words after the announcer says them ... ya know, Announcer: "Here's to you Mr. put the toilet paper on the roll guy so we can all wipe our a$$e$." And then the guys sings the same line in a high pitched whiny sorta way.

So here's to you Squids for making a little boy's bike dreams become possible. The rest of us thank you for making the cops hate us all and insurance premiums that only the old fart riders can really afford. Thanks so much for riding like idiots and pretending the streets are your race course. The stupid weaving and splitting lanes between cagers makes them that much more likely to cut me off or run me off the road because other than the fact that I wear gear, instead of flip-flops and shorts, we are indistinguishable to them. Thank you ohhhh so much

Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pilot16

Without you, I wonder just how many riders we would have out there today, living free.

Thank you.

Many. Most, in fact.

Your admiration of squids is far from universal. Most cagers detest them. A good many riders are irritated by them. Their wheelies, doubling the speed limit, and endangering others as well as themselves create a negative image of riders in general.

I am as enamored of squids as I am of cagers who cut other drivers off, run red lights, talk on a cell phone, drive drunk and blast out of parking lots without looking. Both groups should be sentenced to riding public transportation or walking.

If you are riding because you want to be a squid, do yourself and the rest of us a favor. Sell your bike. Get a ricer with a loud stereo and create a negative image for that group. You'll live longer and we will have one less person making people think we're all two wheeled jerks.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:09 AM

amen bother

Old 06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
July 2008 ROTM

DRam, you're the exact type of person he mentioned that feels the need to bash someone without solving a damn thing. Did you even read his entire post?

Jesus, people can't even be honest without expecting a torrent of bullcrap to be thrown right back in their face. Much respect to the OP.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What problem are we trying to solve? There has been no bashing. Just posting of personal views. Because someone has a different view does not make it bashing ... or wrong

Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a little confused....
You say that you are thankful to the squidlets who gave you the initial drive to get on a bike, and yet you say that you don't necessarily agree with what they do. It is indeed strange that the role models are not followed as a consequence into the crazy behaviour which we as "sensible" riders decry on a regular basis.
Are you being honest with your self ?

I understand the love of motorcycles, I've been on them now over 45 years, and I respect all motorcyclists, whatever the discipline they decide to follow, but I have difficulty when actions on a motorcycle endanger the lives of others, whether the operator be on bikes or other means of transport. This is not to say that I'm against racing or trials, offroad or stunting any more than I am about any activity in the right environment.

If you decide to love your bike, and ride it in a responsible manner, you will be welcome here.
If not, and as a result we or others like us are put at risk, or are tarred by the brush which is wielded by the population and law enforcement at large as a direct result of the "squidlike" actions of the few , then perhaps this is not the place for you.

You decide, and I hope you make an informed decision.
Good luck !

Last edited by Shadow; 06-08-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:33 AM

Oh my...(goes and gets a snack)

Quick Reply: A Thanks to the 'Squids'