Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thank you Offficer !

Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you Offficer !

I have to tell my story here. I know you will all appreciate it.

I recently moved 4 miles of twisties to get home ! I love it!

Anyway to the point Friday night high school home coming wife goes early, so I decide to take the 954 out . 16 miles with a 5 mile canyon on the way only one u-turn in it. Clear sailing right? The way up is awsome a couple cars. Flying great time! Later that same night.....
Approaching the entrance to the canyon 50 mph zone only u-turn for 3 miles.
I am cruising in at 80 what comes out of the otherlane? Sheriff !!!! He pulls a U y. Its dark and threatening rain.So I deside before he even turns on the lights to stop.I pull to the shoulder. I have my helmet off and getting my stuff he'll want. He gets out of his cruiser screaming at me.what the F*&k do you want to die. Why in the H___ are you doning 81 in 50 zone. I (lie) and exclaim I wasn't watch my speed at all.
He goes to the car comes back and asks me about an old cancelled licence issue. I explain, and he tells me of a similar storyof his own.
Then he tells me he rides a Busa and how long he's been a rider Bla bla bla...and to get home safe
What a break!!
Hows that for luck earlier this summer same canyon State patrol let me off too doing68 in a 55 zone of the same canyon.

It so nice being LUCKY!

RIDE SAFE be smart, And most of ALL BE NICE!

Thanks to all the nice understandinglaw enforment. And to the other please practice safe sex and" f*&5 yourselves"

Old 09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thank you Offficer !

ORIGINAL: freak4by4

I have to tell my story here. I know you will all appreciate it.

I recently moved 4 miles of twisties to get home ! I love it!

Anyway to the point Friday night high school home coming wife goes early, so I decide to take the 954 out . 16 miles with a 5 mile canyon on the way only one u-turn in it. Clear sailing right? The way up is awsome a couple cars. Flying great time! Later that same night.....
Approaching the entrance to the canyon 50 mph zone only u-turn for 3 miles.
I am cruising in at 80 what comes out of the otherlane? Sheriff !!!! He pulls a U y. Its dark and threatening rain.So I deside before he even turns on the lights to stop.I pull to the shoulder. I have my helmet off and getting my stuff he'll want. He gets out of his cruiser screaming at me.what the F*&k do you want to die. Why in the H___ are you doning 81 in 50 zone. I (lie) and exclaim I wasn't watch my speed at all.
He goes to the car comes back and asks me about an old cancelled licence issue. I explain, and he tells me of a similar storyof his own.
Then he tells me he rides a Busa and how long he's been a rider Bla bla bla...and to get home safe
What a break!!
Hows that for luck earlier this summer same canyon State patrol let me off too doing68 in a 55 zone of the same canyon.

It so nice being LUCKY!

RIDE SAFE be smart, And most of ALL BE NICE!

Thanks to all the nice understandinglaw enforment. And to the other please practice safe sex and" f*&5 yourselves"
Maybe it aint luck????

Old 09-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Wait a minute... I thought cops only let you off if you blew them...I mean I...this one time...and there was this other time...THOSE SICK BASTARDS!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Mad Greek you are sick!

But you know my wife couldn't believe my luck either. She says "Maybe they were gay"

OH that is just sick and wrong![:'(]

Old 09-18-2007, 03:58 PM

hahaha wasnt quite what I meant but so funny lol

Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: freak4by4

And to the other please practice safe sex and" f*&5 yourselves"
that was great. reminds me of the one, go fack yourself you'll get more pu55y.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Things I do when pulled over or approached by an officer:

Turn the bike off
Put the kickstand and feet down
Keep my hands visible to the officer as he/she approaches
Be polite "How's your day?" -"Great riding weather we're having" - small talk to relate to the officer and make them feel comfortable goes a long way
Have your papers readily accessible and in order but DO NOT REACH FOR THEM UNTIL ASKED
DO NOT ADMIT TO ANYTHING- let the officer tell you what you were doing even if you know-
VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE goes a long way and may get you out of a ticket- "ok, I'm sorry. I lost track of my speed. I'll slow down."
Continue to be polite even if there is a citation issued- a traffic stop is not the place to argue- you WILL lose- that's what court dates are for
Tell the officer to have a safe night and go about your business

I was asked by a county LEO last weekend while sitting at a rest stop if I knew my plate mounting was not legal (vertical on my swingarm). I did, but I told him that I didn't. I made small talk about how the previous owner had been stopped and no one gave him guff and that the previous owner did it to the bike. I told the officer that I had the factory fender sitting at home and that I'd be happy to take the time to put it on. He was satisfied with those answers. I didn't get a fix it ticket and he went on about his way after I told him to be safe. The next time I see that cop may be a speeding stop or an accident in which I am involved. I'd rather him think of me as a reasonable individual than another cop hating punk on a bike.

Opposed of my advice, your story is good. I know of many people who immediately pull over when they see a cop do a Uey. Why? Well, when the officer asks, they say "well, I was speeding and you'd have to go XXmph to catch up to me and that's just not safe." It's been proven that cops who are involved in chases or high speeds get the adrenaline flowing and may be more likely to power trip or write a ticket. It looks like it worked for you.

Ride safe.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Retired Moderator

i was pulled over and after chatting up a little with the LEO he said he pulled me over because i was staring at him when i passed by him at the intersection and he felt obligated to do so ... DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT .. LOL

Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM

why are all of you getting pulled over all the time?? never got pulled over on the bike... itsgood to know some of these things but I have an understanding with the cops that works pretty well... I ride the speed limit and safe.... they don't pull me over...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Speed limits are great! For the average human.

But sometimes don't you get that feelings like you just gotta SCREAM!
and
Granted there is a time and place for this but some times ya just gotta do it!

Search this Thread