Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thank god for motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011 | 12:15 AM
|
Default Thank god for motorcycles

Im sure some of you may have noticed that ive been gone for awhile. Posting here and there when i get the chance but ive been beyond busy with work to the point it came between me and my 3 loves(Wife, Bike, CBRF)

Today I finally got to ride a little bit and man does it make me feel great. My last month has sucked. Working nights and only get 1 day off on a Tuesday so i cant even spend time with my wife, the schedule is shifting so i lose even more days off all while others gain more. The mail lady may have stole my package, and work is getting more and more ridicoulous by the hour.

Atleast i got to take a ride today before work and its so relaxing. Not even trying to hit corners hard just a nice cruising pace. I also bossted my mood when i switched insurance from Allstate to Progressive and i saved 120.00 a month while getting more coverage. I also got additional life insurance thru USAA for me and the wife so when im out of the military i already have a low rate locked in. 250K for $22 a month for 30 years and 25K Massive injury included. Meanwhile since the wife smokes to get her 100K for 30 years is $57 A month. . Ive really gotta get her to quit smoking.

Anyways thats what ive been up to. I gotta go check the Motorcycle Fun game and see what the hell ive been missing.

Also i would recommend everyone to just get a free quote through different insurance companys because GOOD GOD was i overpaying for crap coverage.

Old 09-28-2011 | 03:14 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Thanks god for motorcycle... keeps the thought of guys away form me..

In serious note, I did get extra life insurance when I first got my bike. Now I have living trust and I know my bike is going to a good home if I go before bike go.

Old 09-28-2011 | 10:29 AM

Actually we didn't notice

CBRFenatic<-------not important....

Old 09-28-2011 | 01:58 PM

Sorry to hear about your workload but good to hear your still kicking tires.. Hopefully things will loosen up and you can spend more time with the wife and bike. Good to have ya back.......................

Old 09-29-2011 | 01:10 AM
|

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Actually we didn't notice

CBRFenatic<-------not important....
Haha you know the only reason i remember you is because you only chime in when its something negative. haha

Old 09-29-2011 | 01:38 AM

hey tell us if your wife ever quits. I smoke like a train so I could use some advice too :P

Old 09-29-2011 | 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
hey tell us if your wife ever quits. I smoke like a train so I could use some advice too :P
Welcome back, I'm hanging out for summer (decent weather) when I can drag my sorry **** back onto a few decent rides myself.
Doctor once told me that giving up ciggies was easy, he did it all the time.
I still smoke, but not a huge amount like I used to, although after a few drinks.....
Had most success with nicotine gum & gave up for a couple of years, until I hit a couple of high time stress. Biggest hurdle is that you have to want to quit.

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:49 AM

the easiest way that i quit smoking was just cold turkey. I have not had a cig for a year now and feel great but welcome back

Old 09-29-2011 | 11:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Welcome back fenatic !

Old 09-29-2011 | 12:19 PM
February 2012 ROTM

I've been smoking for 20 years or so? About 1-2 packs a day. This year will be my 3rd year of success quitting. I have no urge for ciggy anymore.

1. Imagine all the times you can save doing other things than finding the time to puff puff?

2. It's mostly mental so you must choose between "good Heath" Vs. "bad health". If you decide to quit, better for you to start hitting the gym, running, biking, exercising, sports etc...so when you start loosing the breathe.. Then you know how bad this ciggy is for your lungs...just play a pick up 3 on 3 basketball game and you'll know you endurance. So quit the smoking, start exercising. Cold turkey is tough...hitting the gym makes has a meaning to it.

3. Have someone make you quit. Like if you meet this gorgeous women...like the most beautiful women you ever seen...she perfect for you but she says the only way she can be with you is if you quit smoking.

4. How much $$$ a pack now a days? Like $5 a pack? That's $1780 a year???!

The list go on & on....

But I admit, this 3 years, I've fallen off the wagon a handful of times...a few times I purchase a pack, smoke few puffs then felt taste nasty, threw pack away.

Worst of all is smoke buddies:

1. Friend & conversation.
2. Beer, alcohol, morning coffees.

3. Of course certain drugs that makes you want to smoke.

Loose the ciggy, you'll have to loose some buddies...I'm not 100% yet after 3 years, but I'm getting close. I'll say 90% there, and the 10% is still creep up on me.

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Thank god for motorcycles