Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Texting While Driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texting While Driving

Lets not make it illegal to use a cellphone while driving. O hell no that would make life TOO easy.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM

they should put some device in a car that when its running it kills a cell phone signal and make it a law

Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: PHXf4i

they should put some device in a car that when its running it kills a cell phone signal and make it a law
that wouldn't be a horrible idea, but what if someone had an emergency and HAD to make a phone call while the car is running? i think the only way to "solve" the problem is through education, but most people seem to forget 90% of the things they learn in driver's ed anyway (it drives me f***ing insane when people use the left-hand turn lane as a "merging" lane and almost hit me head-on when i'm using it as a turning lane). i remember seeing a show a while back, they set up obstacles at a race track somewhere and just had normal people drive some SUV around like they were driving on the street. One of the obstacles would send a cardboard person out into the driver's path (there were other similar setups around this track) and they tested their reaction while they were and weren't talking on a cell phone, and they found that reaction times while talking on a cell phone were almost identical to those of driving drunk. i can imagine texting is 10 times worse because they're not paying attention to the road. my sister does this sh*t too, and i jump on her *** when i'm in the car with her and she does it while driving, and of course her reaction is "what, are you my mom now?" and i'm like "well what the f**k happens when you rear-end a car with an infant in the back seat and have to live with the fact that you've killed someone because you couldn't put the damn phone down?"

Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM

first off driving and talking on a Cell is not legal in a couple states for good reason.... now texting has gotten out of hand.... in our out of a car it drives me nuts.... first people got a cell phone then instead of talking on it they type on it like they are something important.... I hate when someone sends me text messages. because I do not use them, I do not include them in my plan... so I get charged for someones addiction... its a phone people you ****ing talk on them not type..... I wish they never made tha capability... its stupid!