Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

test tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: test tomorrow.

there was a total down pour on the day i took my driving test

the testER was actually nice enough to do everything pretty quick, took about 5 min, drove down the feeder of the highway, made 2 U-turns then went thru a couple of stop signs

i read the score sheet for the test prior to it tho... it was pretty strict about down shifting, so i just barely used the brake. Ur not suppose to use the brake that much in rain anyways

Old 09-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: psycojester

did a wheelie across the parking lot should have seen the looks i was getting from the workers thier. teach them not to pass me.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 AM

Only part of my road test I can remeber is the figure 8. but that was back in 1981. I have several types of liscences and I Know road tests suck.Give yourself a little talking to and go kick some butt.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

figure 8 wow that one might be hard to do how close was everything? and it was the weave part that sucks sorry. so now when i go back monday i will know the drill and pass with flying colors hopefully or if i fail im doing a burnout on the course after they give me the papers back. but i would like to save my tires. yea last time i waited for the guy to go in the building and did a wheelie across the parking lot should have seen the looks i was getting from the workers thier. teach them not to pass me.
it was tight, very tight, there was a box that was like 3x6 we had to do it in. and im not kidding. the weave was actually easy and fun, i still weave driving down the street, just push, left - right - left - right...gotta do someting when stuck behind a slow car and cant pass.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:10 PM

figure 8 wow that one might be hard to do how close was everything? and it was the weave part that sucks sorry. so now when i go back monday i will know the drill and pass with flying colors hopefully or if i fail im doing a burnout on the course after they give me the papers back. but i would like to save my tires. yea last time i waited for the guy to go in the building and did a wheelie across the parking lot should have seen the looks i was getting from the workers thier. teach them not to pass me.
That is some funny ****. There was a security guard that always follows me around in Wally World and one night about 2 in the morning I decided that I was going to taunt him. I started doing doughnuts in the middle of the parking lot in reverse. I thought it was hillarious. He thought otherwise I guess.
Oh well he only works 3rd shift so I never see him in the daytime.

ORIGINAL: rrasco
it was tight, very tight, there was a box that was like 3x6 we had to do it in. and im not kidding. the weave was actually easy and fun, i still weave driving down the street, just push, left - right - left - right...gotta do someting when stuck behind a slow car and cant pass.
Damn, we never had to do a figure 8 in our test, that would suck. As for the weaving thing. I do that not only on the bike but in the car when someone is going to slow.
Drives me nuts.

A

Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM

take it in TN..... turn left at the light.... go up hill.... turn left onto street that the DMV can't even see from the front yard of the office... come back.....1 minute of EASY! an idiot could pass this with his eyes closed. probably more wrecks here than in other states. Gotta love TN!! good luck on the re-test.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I think that's physically impossible to turn in as our bikes are like 3' long! lol The U turn boxes I think were 20' and 18' wide and maybe double that long where I took my STUPID MSF course. OOOOOOOOOOOo which reminds me I still have to send in to get my $75 back from honda for taking it! =) The MSF test was way easier than the road test. We had some guys in our class that had failed the road test once or twice and just said screw it. The instructors of the class even said they don't like passing people and soon they're going to make it so you have to take the test to get your license.

Mike

Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM

20' x 18'! thats huge, ok maybe not 3x6, but it was tiny, no more than 5 feet wide, i will try and look it up.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM

so maybe i am just all cracked out or something....i remember it being tiny, very tiny. at any rate....i called the place i took the MSF, the lady didnt remember, but she said it was the 4 parking spaces side by side, i think i am going to go out there and take a picture and look at it again, take some measuring tape. our course is in a church parking lot, so i can go anytime. so you may be right about the 20' x 18'. oh well.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 PM

i'm so happy i don't have to do the figure 8. that would suck. i might have to wait till next year to ride legal it suppose to be around 55-60 degrees and raining so they would cancel it either way. and the week after that i will be in new york.

Quick Reply: test tomorrow.