Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

test tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: test tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Around here the MSF course is free.
Its in Evanville Indiana and they offer it for free. Thats just crazy to pay that much to get your license.
Here in Indy it's like $75, but I think $25 of that is a refundable deposit you get back at the end. Not sure. Trying to see when I can get off of work to take it.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:36 PM

I got my M class the hard way, no MSF, and passed the DMV test my first try, but i think i came this [---] close to failing. After the last test, the swerve test, the lady said "Oh, good thing you nailed that one, you passed." So, i think i was real borderline. The DMV people are hard to please. Although, i only got through 2 of the 5 cones in the weave and ended up passing, so i guess you can mess up one test.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:46 PM

Bummer you didn't pass but at least you'll know what to expect next week. I took the MSF because all my friends were failing the test at the DMV. I personaly think it was the best thing ever. It really does teach you how to ride safe and defensivly and if you are going to ride two up or in traffic, you need all the hlp you can get. just MHO.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:01 PM

I took the MSF with a lisence already with my wife so she wouldnt have to take the DMV test and i will defenitely say that if i took the DMV test after the MSF then it would have been a piece of cake.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 PM

I took the DMV test too. I think the people at the DMV think that you cant control a motorcycle or something. Like its supposed to stay standing straight up and down the entire way.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:12 AM

i think some of the dmv guys never even sat on a bike just my thoughts and the guys that made that test must have been pissed at bikers come on the swerve test is hard as hell.

Old 09-13-2006, 03:33 PM

The swerve or the weave? I mixed them up in an earlier post, too. I did terrible on the weave (left, right, left, right, through staggered cones), but nailed the swerve (hard stop while avoiding one set of cones)

Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i took the MSF and it was cake, the only test i failed was the figure 8, anyone tried it on a extreme 250? hell i dont know if i could still do it on my F1. the class was $160, and is 2 days, 8 hours each. i didnt even have a bike at the time, so that is why i did the class, plus i had never sat on a bike, much less knew anything about riding. i did however fail the written exam 3 times (at the DMV you still have to take written, they just give yo a voucher to bypass the riding test at the DMV). LOL, all in the same day, stupid situational trick questions. to me it should be about knowledge, not trying to sway your answer to make you get it wrong. anyways, after we did all the MSF drills, they told us we were going to take a practice test of the exam that way we would know what to expect when we did it, we took a break right after and they said "ok, you all passed" they didnt want anyone to get nervous, so they did it that way. our instructors were really cool, one of them rides in a stuntin crew here in town, and he was cool as hell.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:04 AM

A buddy of mine works for the DMV in Cali. He admitted that he is a hard a$$ when it comes to motorcycles. His reasoning is that you need to be on top of your game to stay alive on a bike, so he passes very few people.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:44 AM

figure 8 wow that one might be hard to do how close was everything? and it was the weave part that sucks sorry. so now when i go back monday i will know the drill and pass with flying colors hopefully or if i fail im doing a burnout on the course after they give me the papers back. but i would like to save my tires. yea last time i waited for the guy to go in the building and did a wheelie across the parking lot should have seen the looks i was getting from the workers thier. teach them not to pass me.

Quick Reply: test tomorrow.