Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

test tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test tomorrow.

so tomorrow at 1 im going to go take my licsense test so i can ride my bike legal anywhere i want as of right now i got my permit. Is thier any thing i should do before i go. The only bad thing is the high is only going to be around 65 and might rain i hope not for then i would have to take the test next year. I have only had my bike for one season so around 4 months of riding under my belt . i hoping if it rains when i go up thier that they see that i can ride in the rain and give me a break and just pass me. i hope. well any pointers will be used and thanks.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:17 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: test tomorrow.

remember all ur paper work.. check and make sure all your lights/electrics work. also id make sure ur tires were proper air pressure stuff like that. other then that have confidence and good luck

Old 09-11-2006, 12:56 PM

thanks havoc.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 PM

I needed to show my bike registration, so make sure it is in your name!

My DMV gave me 4 parking lot tests: a U-Turn, a weave (which was really hard because they staggered the cones), a hard stop, and a swerve.

She also told me at the end that they also look at how confortable and in control you look on your bike, so inbetween the tests if you turn it off make sure you do it all natural looking. Whatever that means. ^_^

EDIT:: I think most DMV's will do the parking lot skills tests and nto take you on the road, btw.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip

My DMV gave me 4 parking lot tests: a U-Turn, a weave (which was really hard because they staggered the cones), a hard stop, and a swerve.

EDIT:: I think most DMV's will do the parking lot skills tests and nto take you on the road, btw.
I had to do this same thing, but I also had to park the front tire in a box after making a left and right turn. The Slallum or "Weave" was the easiest part I did. I thought it was going to be hard but it wasnt at all and you will have to creep through it. There will be either no throttle and all clutch control or just barely any throttle with these tests.

Go to this website and it will show you pretty much what you will have to do and maybe a couple more.
Rode Course Test Link

Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM

so i failed. i failed in the hard stop test the guy told me what to do and he is like go between 12 and 25 mph and then stop first time i did it i went to slow i guess i was going 15 so i re did it this time going like 25 and stopped he's like what don't you understand about to stop fast. so i said you told me to stop in a safe manor and in controll which i did but not fast enough i guess so he failed me and i had some words for him other then the stop i did great the guy was telling me before each test. so i get to go back next monday and now i know what to expect. i hope this time it going to be another person that does the test only one person passed the rest failed but this guy was a dick even though everyone was nice to the guy until he failed us the only person that passed was a girl the has been thier about 3 times but props to her for passing.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM

Sounds like my first test. I got this stupid B!TCH at our local DMV. She has always been known to have a watermelon stuck up her a$$. (And i do me watermelon, not corn cobb)

She told my brother that he had to leave because I had to concentrate and she made him leave the whole place. Not just like going back inside the building. She made him drive away for a while. I was like what an ***. Than she kept saying I was doing things wrong when I would do them exactly as she would say.

Anyways, I walked in the next day and told this other lady that I wanted her to give me the test instead of the stupid skinny B!ITCH with the attitude. She looked at me and was like "yea, not to many people like her"

Than I passed the test with flying colors and rode home free and legal.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hmmm these stories REALLY make me want to take the MSF course instead and just get some extra knowledge and get my L through them .. id be pissed if some SOB failed me because of some stupid reason ... on the other hand the msf course is 235 $ and is a 3 day course [>:] i have no idea what to do lol

dont worry jester you'll pass monday then ull be lega and nothing feels as good when u get pulled over by a cop and u know your perfectly legal.. u have insurance, reg, ur licence ah that feels good

Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 AM

yea it would feel nice to be legit. i thought about taking the class to but i just don't have the time right now so i figured i would just go and take the test. yea hopefully next monday i can ride away free and clear.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 AM

Around here the MSF course is free.
Its in Evanville Indiana and they offer it for free. Thats just crazy to pay that much to get your license.

Quick Reply: test tomorrow.