Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

test drove an.. *gulp* R6!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: test drove an.. *gulp* R6!

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

well i got my manual CCT today..so maybe ill buy some fairings and make my f4 look good and sell it and maybe pay off that loan..and then take out a 6k loan for an 04 600RR or something
That's what I would do. But maybe think about an 05 or 06 RR. They're a little cooler.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

was it worth it..because i dont know if i want to have 20 grand to pay off before im 18[&:]
Not exactly sure what you are referring to - but trust me, college should be your first priority, forget about how much you will owe. I went to one of those ridiculously expensive private schools on NO scholarship so I'll be paying it off until my 30's (24 now) but I also know with the education I received I will NEVER be jobless... Pretty hard to pay off loans if you are working minimum wage or not working at all....

p.s. my school was approx. $40k/year so you can imagine how far in the hole I am.. (still worth it!)

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 AM

thats why i dont like using credit cards at the gas station..cash is simple.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
RCR

GO tocollege and fix your bike as it breaks.

Not sure why everyone is goating you into a new bike. secure your future first and see where you stand in the job market( recession is coming). The worst thing you could do is destroy your credit at such a young age. student loans, car loan, bike loan, rent, food, fun money, gas....... all ads up

Unless Mom and Dad are going to bail you out($$$$) go for it

Old 02-17-2008, 09:59 AM

I agree RCR. I believe your only 17, you really don't need a new bike. You have one, just finish fixing it and be happy until you finish school imo. Sure the newer 600's are a little lighter, a little faster, stop a little harder, but i really don't think you at the point in your life where you want to take out ANOTHER loan and be that much more in debt, all before you even make it to college. Where most of us fell even farther in the hole.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 AM

You're young. money management is critical. I'm 21, so I can relate on a number of levels. I have a 94 F2 and am completely happy with it. Do I get tempted to buy a new bike every time I'm walking back to the parts counter? Absolutely. But right now, carrying that kind of debt I personally feel is completely inappropriate given my station in life.
I own my bike free and clear, and I'm in my last semester of college with zero debt. I will confess however my parents have almost exclusively funded the vehicle I drive. But the point is, it can be done. Just work hard. Live within your means.
That being said, I'm applying for jobs that have a starting wage of $40,000. The FIRST thing I am going to do is get a spankin new bike. But I also have every intention of paying it off within 6 months. I think it can be done. THAT will be the most rewarding part of being financially responsible.
I encourage you to avoid adding debt as much as possible.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: elmer

You're young. money management is critical. I'm 21, so I can relate on a number of levels. I have a 94 F2 and am completely happy with it. Do I get tempted to buy a new bike every time I'm walking back to the parts counter? Absolutely. But right now, carrying that kind of debt I personally feel is completely inappropriate given my station in life.
I own my bike free and clear, and I'm in my last semester of college with zero debt. I will confess however my parents have almost exclusively funded the vehicle I drive. But the point is, it can be done. Just work hard. Live within your means.
That being said, I'm applying for jobs that have a starting wage of $40,000. The FIRST thing I am going to do is get a spankin new bike. But I also have every intention of paying it off within 6 months. I think it can be done. THAT will be the most rewarding part of being financially responsible.
I encourage you to avoid adding debt as much as possible.
elmer, be careful when you are budgeting, esp with $40k - it sure sounds like a lot of money, but it's amazing how fast it goes when you are living on your own, paying rent, food, cell phone bill, cable, internet, etc etc etc - I agree buying a new bike after college is a great thing to do, it's rewarding and not TOO expensive but be careful, know that $40k with taxes is not even CLOSE to $40k... I'm sure a lot of the older... er... more "experienced" members of this forum will agree with me, you need to be real careful and listen to your own advice - live within your means.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Ill be 25 in less then a month. What id give to be 17 again knowing what I know now, and the way I have to live my life because of my irresponsible money spending. Ive learned my lesson but its too late, Ill never have that money back. Your only 17 and you seem to be living a rather lavish lifestyle already. Why put yourself in the hole more, keep your bike and save your money.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Stay with your bike and fix it. I made a mistake a few years ago and sold a car I had paid off. I paid down some debt with it, but went right back in when I purchased beyond my means. Bikes are always going to get better and better, and if you keep wanting 'newer/better,' you'll never get ahead. I'm in the hole approx. 26k with school, bike, car, credit line, and credit card. It's not pleasant and I still have a year of school left.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is absolutely nothing wrong with an R6...id take one (but i still loves my honda! )

Quick Reply: test drove an.. *gulp* R6!