Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

terrible experince at a honda dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terrible experince at a honda dealership

i went to a honda dealer in the local area called troy city garage to order some parts after i had my accident on the bike and they only ordered half the crap on the list i gave them after i told them i need all of it 3 times and told the guy repeatedly what i needed and handed him a list. when i went to pick it up only half the parts were. now why the big deal well first off the dealer isnt close to my house. second my budy has a body shop and he was painting and puting the vinyals on for me it cost me 100 bucks that inculdes the paint and also a life time warrenty on it. but he is very busy an made a not when i told him the dealer would have the parts and well i lost my spot. my freind wound up skipping his kids game and doing the work for me after the shop was closed.

fast foward now to yesterday i walk into the dealer again to look at bikes. becuase well he sells suzuki, honda, kawasaki, and yamaha, and i dont really know what i want im just looking for something new but leaning to a 07 rr. i walk in there helping 2 other people no big deal then 2 guys walk in in suits and a guy and his g/f walk in shortly after that. i wait there 20 minutes and no one is helping me. then the guy who is the owner starts walking my way and then walkes up to the guy in the suit. no big deal ill just wait thenthe other sales menwalks up to this kid who after me and my freind listen to him talk has never riden a bike in his life and has no clue what he is doing and buying an r6 and was probly never going to buy the bikegets helped before me i was so pissed i walked up to the sales guy told him off and left.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Default RE: terrible experince at a honda dealership

That sucks. I had a similar experiance in a Honda dealer last year. I was looking for someone to help casue i found a bike i wanted. There is noone on the floor but two dudes sitting at a table. I'm like can i get some help and they tell me they are on a break, I was like what the hell, so I told them can you get up find someone! That just I am on break part really pissed me off, if they dont want to help don't sit on the sales floor.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:43 PM

Speaking from personal experience (I've been in commission and non-commission sales) it has a lot to do with how you look. If you walk into a dealership looking like you may very well have spent more money on your suit then most people make in a year, you're going to get helped a lot faster then someone wearing a grease stained tee and shorts. I know it sucks, and it's stereotyping and all that, but when I'm working on commission I don't get anything if you're just a tire kicker, so I'm going to help the people that not only look like they're going to buy something, but also look like they could afford to buy something. But the story about the two guys saying they're on break is just retarded, you should have told a manager about it, they'd have gotten thrown out on their asses for it, sales is all about customer service (At least up until you actually buy it and walk out the door )

Old 05-31-2007, 02:03 PM

i sorta understand the whole commision thing and guys with suits but why would you walk passed a 23 year old guy to an 18-19 year old guy. and they two guys in the buisness suits trying to buy a gixxer 750 had no clue what they were going either and for the suit thing i have a budy that works at nexttel cellphone kiosk in the mall and he wears a suit and tie so i wouldnt judge someone buy how much they make by what they wear

Old 05-31-2007, 03:01 PM

sometime if they see you in there all the time, they know you, they know you have a bike already, so why waste their time just chatting with you when someone they don't know who probably didn't ride in on a bike has just walked in the door. I'd do the same thing. In commission sales you don't know how much each pay check will be so you make a gut reaction to who you think will help you pay the bills. ****ty situation but thats life in commission sales.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant walk into a stealership here without being inundated with questions. even with a jacket and helmet in hand.

not that i walk into them that often. although i do need to go see an 07 rr in person.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

thats the reason i hate commission sales. id rather just get a steady i know what itll be paycheck. but that just me

Old 05-31-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

i sorta understand the whole commision thing and guys with suits but why would you walk passed a 23 year old guy to an 18-19 year old guy. and they two guys in the buisness suits trying to buy a gixxer 750 had no clue what they were going either and for the suit thing i have a budy that works at nexttel cellphone kiosk in the mall and he wears a suit and tie so i wouldnt judge someone buy how much they make by what they wear
Maybe the girlfriend was hot?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Well we live in a world were to mental midgets Precetion is reality. I originaly from NYC so I use to seeing all walks of like. I don't judge a suit any differnt from a blue collar guys. But you have to keep in mind were all not the same mentally,especially here in OHIO I think some of these people do live under rocks. It's sad but true.
Like the saying goes if you wat it done right speak up ( i know it's do it yourself but I tink speak up would be better for this example). At least you'll get a quick response to what you're asking and can make up your mind to stay or hull ***. Keep in mind I am from NYC. I'm quite aggresive to these things because I feel a customer should be treatedproperly when we walk intoany business no matter the dress, race, age of the individual. But i'm sure all of us here feel that way.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Triax

sometime if they see you in there all the time, they know you, they know you have a bike already, so why waste their time just chatting with you when someone they don't know who probably didn't ride in on a bike has just walked in the door. I'd do the same thing. In commission sales you don't know how much each pay check will be so you make a gut reaction to who you think will help you pay the bills. ****ty situation but thats life in commission sales.

okay im completly lost in your logic. if i was in the dealership for parts or serivce i would go to those desks. not stand by a bike looking at it. and who is more likly to buy a bike someone who preexistingly owns a motorcycle and most likly has a motorcycle licence which is safe to persume if they know you have a bike. or a punk kid showing off to his girl that he is gona buy an r6 and never mind the guy in the buisness suit babbiling on about how the short exhuast doesnt do it for him on the gsx-r and everthing else and still insists the guy works the numbers for him. regardless of any thing though. its proper etiquette to help the next person that walkes in the door. to behonest your truely dont know who is and who isnt going to buy a bike and it stupid to dissmiss one person becuase i walked in in a tshirt and jeans. out of the 3 people looking to buy bikes i was the probly the most likly

oh and my budy who has a car small car dealer said that if he had one of his sales man ingnore a customer that was in there normally for parts and servicing he would fire him. he told me most dealerships make most of there money on parts and service

Quick Reply: terrible experince at a honda dealership