Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tattoo Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
im simple.minded.
hahaha, Glad one of us didn't have to say it

Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 AM

i had wanted one for a while but could never think of anything that would mean something to me and i wouldnt regret in the future. This was the only one that met those requirements for me.

And i may get this in black and white too

Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 AM

This might not be a popular post but please take it for what it is - my opinion/advice.

As a guy who works in the corporate "shirt and tie" world I would not recommend getting one. I don't think you will find many Executives with tattoos. Yes, you can hide them when actually AT work, but eventually the world finds out you have one and overall I don't think it shows well.

Again - that is just my opinion coming from the environment that I live in. Take it for what it's worth. You have NO idea where you will be in 10 years much less 30 so you have no idea whether that tattoo will help or hurt.

(P.S. - My cousin is a very talented Tattoo artist with a couple shops in FL, so I am in no way against tattoos.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
This might not be a popular post but please take it for what it is - my opinion/advice.

As a guy who works in the corporate "shirt and tie" world I would not recommend getting one. I don't think you will find many Executives with tattoos. Yes, you can hide them when actually AT work, but eventually the world finds out you have one and overall I don't think it shows well.

Again - that is just my opinion coming from the environment that I live in. Take it for what it's worth. You have NO idea where you will be in 10 years much less 30 so you have no idea whether that tattoo will help or hurt.
seaford just so you know im not putting you down or anything lol i just hear replys like this alot (again this isnt a personal attack)

this is the type of mentality thats not allowing us to move forward on this topic....

i myself work at a shirt and tie environment, i got a tattoo after working here for a year, as far as i was concerned if they didn't like it they can put it where the sun dont shine... its my body..... and last time i checked discrimination wasnt illegal so who are they to judge...

the guys i work with/for are very laid back guys and didnt give me a hard time about it... but still

its pathetic that we as people can judge or categorize people just because they have a tattoo

Last edited by __Z__; 12-21-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one, and plan on getting AT LEAST one more. Hopefully a third. I know what I want, when, and where I'm getting them, it's just a matter of accomplishing certain things in my life first.

As far as covering them up. I'd have to side with people who say to cover them up. Unless it's simple, or appropriate, I don't want to have to see it. HOWEVER, I know people with full sleeves that I have zero problem looking at and talking too.

Mine's not art though IMO, it's just a reminder and makes me proud to look at it.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__
seaford just so you know im not putting you down or anything lol i just hear replys like this alot (again this isnt a personal attack)

this is the type of mentality thats not allowing us to move forward on this topic....

i myself work at a shirt and tie environment, i got a tattoo after working here for a year, as far as i was concerned if they didn't like it they can put it where the sun dont shine... its my body..... and last time i checked discrimination wasnt illegal so who are they to judge...

the guys i work with/for are very laid back guys and didnt give me a hard time about it... but still

its pathetic that we as people can judge or categorize people just because they have a tattoo
You're not hurting my feelngs Z - don't worry about it.

I just operate in a conservative environment where I feel stuff like that is judged. Like it or not appearance/decisions are always judged (whether it is tatoos, piercings, haircuts, dress).

Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Never get anything that business attire can't cover. Tattoos on the face / neck / hands are taboo.

I have a tattoo obviously, I work in the most powerful city in the world, and do a damn good job at hawking my wares to some very powerful people.

I don't think a my Tatt has anything to do with that. Well maybe it does... SuperSalesman! Would I have my Superman logo on my neck? or hands. Of course not.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:56 PM

I've got my ink. Got it just a few days after my 18th birthday. Get something that means a lot to YOU, forget what anyone else thinks it will be on YOUR body for a long long time. My tattoo is just a simple black shape, but it means much much more to me than meets the eye. It shouldn't matter where you get your ink. It should be for you to see, and for people who it really means something to see. The people who should be able to see it should be people you're close enough to roll up a pant leg or take off your shirt with.

I took the advice of my girlfriend's dad. He's big into tattoos but got some crappy ones when he was young in stupid places. The best advice he gave me was to put it somewhere it's easily hidden by business attire. Today, it's a lot more socially acceptable to have ink, but for many people it's still weird or taboo. While the person with ink may not care if someone else has to see it, it may be the difference between getting a job or not. First impressions mean a lot. Discrimination may be a bad thing, and illegal in many cases, but it still happens every single day.

Have fun, get something that means a lot to you, and make sure to get it from a good shop. Nothing sucks worse than getting your perfect ink and having it blotch because the artist sucked.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:03 PM

After re reading this thread I should mention that I've no regrets on mine nor will I ever. I can cover it if need be and I am happy with it. If you have a problem with my ink then IDGAF. It's mine and it means something to me. If you like it and want to know more I'm happy to share but if you don't then I don't care. Ya know?

Quick Reply: Tattoo Ideas