Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

T Rex Bike stand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Rex Bike stand?

Does anyone here know how sturdy a T Rex bike stand is? I noticed you can get a set of both for only 109. I am currently using a aluminum stand from harbor freight that I am not sure how much I trust, also would like to have a set of two.

Unsure if this is the right section, but I don't know where else it fit

Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 PM

I have a set of T rex stands....Sturdy enough for me to put my new bike on them. I have the set also, I just rarely use the front.
Old bike:
Name:  Picture024.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  55.5 KB
New Bik:

Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 PM

I have never seen that color scheme in person or anywhere else for that matter N8, but damn I love your bike.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I have never seen that color scheme in person or anywhere else for that matter N8, but damn I love your bike.
I saw it on the Honda site when the 09's were released and man was it ugly....But seeing it in person/better pictures and lighting it looks so much better.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Dawg
I have a set of T rex stands....Sturdy enough for me to put my new bike on them.
Would you trust them or the one you use with the weight of your bike plus a person?

Also, is there a proper technique for putting the bike on the stand by yourself, I have always been afraid to and have had someone help hold the bike straight

Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tremar
Would you trust them or the one you use with the weight of your bike plus a person?

Also, is there a proper technique for putting the bike on the stand by yourself, I have always been afraid to and have had someone help hold the bike straight
I have to ask this....Why would a person be sitting on a bike that is on a stand? I probably would trust it once I get spools installed but I am not going to test it.

I would say if you have never put the bike on a stand get a friend to help you the first couple of times. It is really easy but you could possibly drop your bike if you dont know what you are doing.

What I do is put the stand under the bike and with me on the right side of the bike (side without kickstand) I pull the bike up so it is sitting level and then just press the handle down to the ground. Also I always leave my kickstand down, because the one time I did put it up I almost dropped my bike when I was getting it off the stand (of course now I check to make sure). Once you have the rear up, the front is cake.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Dawg
I have to ask this....Why would a person be sitting on a bike that is on a stand?
I'm guessing nudey / bike photos

Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 PM

lol

That was what I had in mind, but not because of the desire to do it. I personally don't know if I would ever trust a stand no matter how much it cost with someone on it... But I guess it is more sturdy then the kick stand?

And thanks for the tips for putting it on the stand, I rarely use the one I have now though, due to my bike mostly being in a parking garage or ridden daily.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a set for 3 years now and I would put em up against a set of pitbulls anyday of the week.

Any yes even with someone sitting on the bike on the stands. Yes I've done it n no it wasnt for nudey pix lol

Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Now PG, I bet you did it for nudey pix, nudey bike pix that is. rofl.

Quick Reply: T Rex Bike stand?