Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex

So it started out as a typicall saturday night ride hitting all the back roads try to stay local, cuz my buddy was on p.d. tow-call (he's not supposed to leave town when on call). so after a nice little ride we stop for a smoke and beverage. They our friend shows up in his t-rex. I know its not a Honda but DAMN that thing is cool! I never rode with this guy before so i was curious how it rode. He was leaving us in the dust around the corners, that thing handles like a go-cart on steroids! Then we hit the town and cruised through some local hot spots, it was like riding with a move star. Everyone stopping to stare and take pictures. Plus the stereo he added was nice to listen to at red lights! When im old and cant ride anymore, i gotta get me one those! lol (i also gotta get rid of this crappy iphone camera)

Leave it to me to ruin a good shot with an open trunk!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks ok, but for me it defeats the purpose of riding bikes, side car is about as close as I'd go for 3 wheels. I know that we are going to see a lot more variations on the 3 wheeler theme, lot of car companies in Europe are playing with the idea.
If I had unlimited funds, maybe I'd have one so I could take my dog with me on club runs.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:28 PM

if i had the money i'd def buy one. they look badass to me but if i had the choice of bike or t-rex, id get the bike.

now if the arial atom could get registered in the states and be street legal, i'd jump all over that for a dd.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is cool, Dunn.
I've never looked at the t-rex as a motorcycle (or any trike, really). I never understood why people do...

Doesn't mean they aren't cool as hell, tho.
I'd cruise around in one, too, but I'd still have a bike. Kinda like owning a car and a truck.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its cool and if I could afford toys like that, I'd have one.

But till I hit the lottery, that $55k worth of car / motorcycle / whatever won't be in my driveway

Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

youtueb arial atom WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY COOLER!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
youtueb arial atom WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY COOLER!
+10! Back in my high school days (before I knew of it or before it was created), I always dreamed of making something like a glorified go-cart made out of sport bike parts. Then I saw the Atom and my heart melted into a puddle.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Yeah they make way cooler stuff over the pond that doesnt get imported here to the states! If i ever hit the lotto i'd have so many toys i wouldnt know which one to play with!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DunnRR
If i ever hit the lotto i'd have so many toys i wouldnt know which one to play with!
My mom always told me to take turns. I guess she was talking about rotating through my toys, or something.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:21 PM

I actually saw an atom on the way into work today, we were both stuck waiting to get onto the highway on the on ramp. He definitely got more stares than me

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like a helmet should be necessary for riding in such a vehicle, he almost looked more exposed to danger than me on my cbr and the closest he had for safety gear were reading glasses.