Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

suzuki riders....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default suzuki riders....

i'll start this off by saying that this is geared more towards the riders in my area....

why does it seem that every accident i hear of involves a suzuki, and i'll say that 7 out of 10 times its rider error (that probably could have been avoided had they not been actining'a fool). i ride w/ people that have hondas (kinda our little honda click) and some people w/ suzukis....and i've noticed that both groups are totally different.

when i go out riding w/ the suzuki group......they are all about showboating, riding in straight lines and reving their engines at anything and everything. they are always stretched beyond belief w/ a tire that looks like it came off a old tubbed out drag nova! whenever i hear of an accident in my area im usually correct when i guess that it was a suzuki.

yet, when i ride w/ my little honda group.....we tend to take twisty back roads........take back roads as much as possible to get to our destination. i rarely hear of wrecks involving a honda (not to say it doesnt happen, but no where NEAR as frequent). they also seem like more down to earth people, not all about showboating and acting like attention ****** that want everyone to see what they've got.

now today, i met up w/ a kid who has only been riding for 2 weeks(first time i've met him) who has aSUZUKI gsxr 750. he has his learners and wanted me to go w/ him to the MVA to take his test (needed to ride w/ a licensed rider). so i meet him there and what not. he takes the test, passes......we go our seperate ways and make plans to meet up later to do some riding. i get a text from him LESS THAN 4HRS LATER saying that he had dumped the bike...........*cough*.......in his......DRIVEWAY! he did enough damage to bust off the frame sliders, rash the right fairings and right side of his upper all to hell, bent his levers, needs new right rearset, and has a "flat spot" in his tire from the bike sliding on that one spot for so long. he ended up accidentally rolling the throttle as he came off, throwing the bike into his garage door as he rolled off. he was wearing ONLY a helmet.......no gloves, no jacket, no boots. needless to say he's rashed up.

i feel like im so much better off riding w/ my honda click, i dont feel like i have to worry as MUCH about the people around me and how they are going to act. i trust all of them that they make sane, responsible decisions while in the group.

idk, i hope no one on here that also owns a suzuki takes offense to this in any way, just seems like either dumbasses buy them, or they come from the factory w/ some ***'n curse!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: suzuki riders....

I've noticed that trend as well. I wonder why that is... They are great looking bikes in the newer/slimmer forms but I made my choice to ride Honda.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I hate stereotyping people by what they ride, but I do kinda have to agree with you, lol. While I see stupid **** done by riders of every brand, Honda included, this does seem to be the going trend. I dunno why. I too have my own little 'clique' that I ride with, and I'm rather picky about who I ride with so there's not much stupid **** that goes on in our group. But then seeing everyone else around us doing stupid ****, I think you just notice it more... I dunno maybe it's just cuz there's so many of them or something, lol

My [ex]roomate has a gixxer, but he's cool and doesn't do stupid ****. Well except for parking his 600RR in outside in front of the house overnight after cancelling his insurance. That was expensive mistake. Oh yea and he forgot to pull out or wrap it up too, now he's got a kid and never rides anymore He moved out and his bike is still sitting under the cover on our back patio... only been ridden a few times in the past 9 months or so. Poor bike...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 PM

I think it has more to do with suzuki's sales being up for the past few years, so naturally if they'res more of them out there then theres more of them to crash. And as far as squids ridin gixxers, I think it's just because everyone always sees them out there so they think that those are the **** so they get them. It ends up being a vicious circle.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

I think it has more to do with suzuki's sales being up for the past few years, so naturally if they'res more of them out there then theres more of them to crash. And as far as squids ridin gixxers, I think it's just because everyone always sees them out there so they think that those are the **** so they get them. It ends up being a vicious circle.
+1

Old 08-27-2007, 10:34 PM

Suzuki is currently the popular bike. On TV, AMA Superbike, stunting, etc Suzuki is the brand thats the most "out there" in the US. More experienced and older riders are not as affected by that kind of exposure. Younger/newer riders aremuch more influenced by it also happen to be more likely to become squids.

You can say most squids ride Suzukis but go watch a road race and count the Suzukis. Go to a stunt show and count the Suzukis. A lot of people that have never sat on a sportbike know the word "gixxer".

Honda on the other hand shy's away from stunting. They don't have a very good contingency in road racing and they just generally aren't marketed towards the younger generation as much as the Suzukis are.
Yamaha and Kawasaki tend to fall somewhere in between the two demographics.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Oh yea, it also doesn't help that honda's motorcycle commercial sucks *****...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey woody, actually........hondas are BIG in stunting. the F4i is the choice bike for stunting from what i've seen (stunt forums and knowing some stunt groups).

Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Hondas might be big in stunting but Suzukis are visible (in magazines for example)
one more example is the custom bike scene, bike shows and all that stuff, Suzukis are everywhere

Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

Oh yea, it also doesn't help that honda's motorcycle commercial sucks *****...
I like that commercial, especially the one with the F1 car and the Repsol CBR. Suzukis commercials are the ghey. Their cars suck ***, I don't know why they want to associate their bikes with their crappy cars.

Quick Reply: suzuki riders....