Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Surprising instances....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprising instances....

So I got off the interstate on Saturday and end up at a stop light. A lady ina minivan pulls along side of me with her window down. She then asks me, "Hey can youpop a wheelie for my son?" Her son was probably like 12 or 13 years old. I laughed at her request and shook my head no. For the longest time I was convinced that the general public was against sport bikers because they think we are all trouble. At the same time I thought this lady was dumb, I also thought that maybe my ideas about the public were wrong. I get requests from younger drivers all the time to wheelie, but never from a mother in a minivan. Any of you get any weird requests like I had?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Default RE: Surprising instances....

Haha wow, Ive never heard that before.. I had a group of landscaping mexicans all liftingthier forearms up for me the other day (signaling for a wheelie), but Ive never got that from an older figure like a mother. You'd think she would know better than to ask another mother's son to endanger himself and all that. Definitly very uncommon

Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM

She's the one who wanted to see it. The kid was just her scapegoat

Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 AM

That is a strange request,but kinda cool in a way. I rode past a golf corse monday night and 2 guys where giving me the wheelie sign with there arms. If and when I wheelie it's for my enjoyment or to make some hot *** chick look LOL! I could'ent care less about showing off for some dudes.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:39 AM

lol...was she a young 24ish hot mom???see if she wants a ride

Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always have black chicks asking me for a ride.
Too Bad, I only ride solo.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM

You shoulda said "No, but I'll pop a chubby for you....*****"and then rode off laughing.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered Users

i was out riding with a buddy of mine and i guy pulled up in a minivan with two kids in the bike and asked us to pop wheelies for his son...we were at a ride light behind like 4 cars in close traffic...i said no, i don't wheelies...the guy i was with (don't get me started) lifted it off the ground about 6 inches....i thought the same thing...what the hell??

Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 PM

If I could do wheelies, I would have checked around and made sure it was as safe as it could be (on a public road, aka no cars infront of me, nobody going to pull out, pleny of site distance, etc etc) and make sure the police weren't around... and I won't lie, I'd have done it. Only because it was a mom in a minivan. For other people always trying to get me to do wheelies, I'll pass. I don't need the ticket. I do like how little kids faces light up seeing the bike, or hearing the scream of the engine... when they wave at you out the back of their parents cars... all that. It makes me smile to make them smile. (by kids, I'm talking 2-10yrs old)

<edit> Then again... that being said (when it comes to suprising instances with mothers)... I was coming back from somewhere, maybe the drag-strip... but I was wearing my full leathers. I pulled up to a stoplight right near my house... and while I sat there a lady in her old, beat up car rolled the window down and said something along the lines of "Thank you! You're a very smart rider! You've got all that gear on, that's very smart of you! See kids (kids were young, 5 or 6, two of them), if you ride a motorcycle, you need to be smart and wear a helmet and all that stuff, like that guy there!" I waved, and drove off. It was real random and wierd... but nice to be complimented on WEARING full gear... by a mom... in the middle of the day. [sm=hiya.gif]

Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM

+1 on the little kids waving thing, its funny to see how excited they are when you wave back....

Quick Reply: Surprising instances....