Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Surprise!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:21 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

You pay the rent she gets the couch! Or better yet, put the CBR on the couch and throw her a futon in the garage.

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:56 PM

^ Best advice ever.

Old 03-12-2009 | 03:20 PM

She's leaving you, if SHE can't pay rent for HER apartment then SHE can go live in a homeless shelter. First thing I would do before I even mummer another word to her is talk to a divorce lawyer. She's destroying your life as you know it, I'd bleed the bitch dry and make sure she don't get a dime.

Old 03-12-2009 | 03:29 PM

A quick word of advice ..no matter how reasonable you think she is or might be, do not leave the house under any circumstances, it will weaken your cause ... it's your house too and she wants to leave you ... so let her ...

Also despite your finances, you two staying together until the house is paid off (how long??) or sold (much better!!) is going to be hard ... if it's over it's over, and you two need to move on asap ...stay in that house and get a solicitor asap ...sorry George

Jules

Last edited by Juliet; 03-12-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2009 | 04:47 PM

sorry to hear bro, my ex left, we were not married, but there was 5 years and lots of hard work invested. we stayed living together until she found somewhere to go, that was hard stuff. oh and very much like your situation, she didnt work until 2 months before leaving, go figure. saved up enough to get out, and she did. oh well, thats life i suppose. i wish you luck and my prayers are with you. ride safe brother.

Old 03-12-2009 | 05:50 PM
|

yeah i know the court system is against men and i do wish i could make a clean break RIGHT NOW, but like i said can't afford 2 places at once. the house will be paid off oct. 2010.My kid starts college sept. 2010,so we will wait untill my kid leaves for college to sell the house and move.Really don't want to ruin my kids life by taking her out of her school,away from her friends now when she is going to have to do it all over again when she goes away to college.You know a father will do anything ,even give his life for his kids,and it seems right now by living my life under these conditions i am giving almost 2 years of my life away but like i said, I'm looking at it as saving my daughter alot of pain.She knows whats going on with us and i know she doesn't want me to leave.Well thats the plan for now but who knows what will happen in the future.

Old 03-12-2009 | 06:22 PM

You are a really decent and caring man, George ... it's her loss, good luck and be strong ..you will be fine :-)

Jules

Old 03-12-2009 | 08:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation.
Here is my $.02.
There is no graceful exit strategy. The kids know. Dragginng it out over an extended time gives the kids some hope of reconcilliation is possible so it really isn't in their interest to co-habitate.
You only get so many tommorrows...don't waste yours with someone who doesn't want to be there. Take her down off the pedastal.
I watched my parents live out this scenario. It dragged on for years and like a glacier changed the landscape forever.
My father finally got clear of it to start over, found meaningful companionship, love and a new career, and then passed suddenly. Don't waste your tommorows.

Quick Reply: Surprise!!!!!!!!