Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Surgery tomorrow.*Picture update* haha

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Surgery tomorrow.

man im freaking out here..I have heard of something they can give you to calm you a bit pre-op. that would be cool. maybe i could answer what im allergic to a little easier. cause im just shaking right now flippin out.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All the best dude! We sure to hear from you very soon. How long is the recovery process?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 AM

Recovery time will vary he said. i should be able to do a desk job within a week if im lucky. and before i can do anything physical or lift more than 20lbs it will range from 5-9 months.

and ive been reading about pre-op anxiety, and it sounds like they give all adults something that go in. maybe they just dont tell you about it? Im gonna ask them tomorrow. i dont want to freak out before and duck out of the surgery or something dumb. my mind is racing and i dont want to give them false information about my allergies.(almost died because of this last time)

Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats quite a long period of time for recovery jd. Its normal to feel the anxiety but just be truthful of your allergies. Technologies had made surgeries looks very simple these days, so I bet you are in safe hands!

Those recovery time will dampen your activity and people tend to put on weight easily. Watch out!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 AM

Yea good luck bro. I would be freakin out too, but im sure they know what they are doing. Take care and if you get on x box live anytime soon. My name is irishman2913

Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 AM

I'm getting surgery for something similar in about a month. Mine isn't too severe though minor abrasions on my rotator cuff and I have some sort of arthritis in two bones that are rubbing together in my shoulder. Are they doing orthoscopic or are they gonna open you up? I guess if it was a decompression they will be opening you up. I hear you, I'm not to nervous yet but its in the back of my mind. It will probably hit me when I go to my pre-op appointment. Good luck bro, don't worry tons of people get surgery every day.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck Jason!! :-) ..you probbaly wont see this before you go but if you do, dont worry ..everything will be fine ... its all very routine this kinda stuff now, just remember thinking about these things is often much worse than just going through with them :-)

Jules :-)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:34 AM

I did see it! Just thought i would check in before i leave. just waiting for my ride now. (for some reason they dont let you drive all drugged up after[&:]) haha.

I feel a little better now that im getting closer and its almost over. Thanks for the nice words everyone. Post up in a day or two.

Jason

Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

See you real soon Jason!! :-)

Jules

Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

good luck n godspeed d00d.

Quick Reply: Surgery tomorrow.*Picture update* haha