Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

surgery was good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surgery was good.

ouches..this is the first time ive been up since monday..its about 4:30 am and my vicodin wore off and i cant have more for another half an hour..basically..the surgery sucked..they knew i was alergic to the antibiotic they give you at the beginning..and the dumb *** nurse gave it to me anyways..so right when i got into the operating room i broke out in hives and my breathing got bad..and i heard them say..sht. get the Dr in here and see if we do the surgery or not..about that time i figured i was in the hands of a bunch of retards and was going to die..but they put me out and all went well...better thn expected actually! turns out the laborum wasnt torn..and i didnt need anchors..the biceps tendon did need a little work..but not much..turns out it was broken in 3 places when i first wrecked an no one had caught it on an xray..so basically they just repaired a few things and took some scar tissue out. my recovery time went from 9 months to about 4 weeks have 4 stiches in right now..and still in a lot of pain..vicodin every 4 hours..anyways..just the update..sleep time now[&o]..oh yeah..my computer fell out of my bike on sunday before the surgery and i need some help getting the wires back in the right place..but blah..ill get more updates on that when im not so messed up.

jason.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: surgery was good.

Good news, Jason, glad it went OK (except for the hives and the retards[X(]) he he

Old 05-22-2008, 05:35 AM

Happy to hear it went good for ya, well the end results anyhow.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Banned

Excellent news about the labrum not being torn. You'll be up and running in no time. Mine was torn and full recovery took 1 whole year.

Take the physical therapy seriously, though. That will be just as important as the surgery, as far as full usage and range of motion goes. Maybe you'll have a pretty PTA who you can impress with how you can barely lift 2lbs with that arm...lol.

I've got some vicodin left from mine if you run out. Just PM me....lol.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 AM

Any word on if your going to be able to ride?

Glad it went well. Heal up man!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:04 AM

Glad to hear your doing better. 4 weeks is alot better then 9 months for sure. Well get well soon bro.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are surgery, I think I've said recently that I love the pre-med (ahh) Always remember the actual anaesthetic (for that few seconds anyway) feeling your body temp drop just before you hear that wind noise in your ears & hit the void, always reckon that's wot dying will be like. Last time for me getting an op, just as they where pumping in the juice, I remember saying "Yuck, tastes like onions". Glad you got through it all in one piece, just take it easy for awhile, remember you have to give your body time to process the **** they pumped into you & time to start the healing process. So stay of the booze for a while .

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Great story... hahaha, Ican see the panicked look that must have come over your face, "get the doc in here stat!" Lolol, and you thinking, "I'm gonna be awake through this thing... zzzzzzzzzzzzz."

Glad all is well, nothing like some good news like that. On a side note I'm am a bit perplexed as to why you had a computer on or in your bike... you mean your bikes computer (ECU)? Power Commander?Get bored and wire a lappy into that thing?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear all went well. Get well soon.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:49 AM

thanks for the well wishes guys..i am doing surprsingly well today..i havent taken any vicodin for about 6 hours and the pain is just now coming back (as opposed to every 2 hours) i got myself out of bed and actually took a shower and was able to dress myself (needed som help with a shirt) but other thn that i feel pretty good..(mostly all the vicodin) and kid..you have no idea haha...they were all running around holding my arms down so i couldnt itch..i just figured that was the end of the line for me..next thing i remember is hearing.(look staright ahead and breathe deep..i was like woah! heaven...not quite..****ty recovery room..and i was in so much pain they decided to give me a good shot of morphine...the second it went into the IV my arm just started growing this mad looking rash..just one more thing i had to be alergic to..so basically i went home with nothing to ease the pain.

on another note..a little more about the computer..or (ECU) they have one black clip and one grey clip..we were in spearfish canyon doing some wheelies just messing around as my last day of riding..and next thing i know my bike shuts off and and i see a litle black box rolling behind me..i figured OK..just plug it back in..uh-oh.the grey clip that holds the wires had about 17 of them pulled out..god knows where to put em back..so i just need someone to take a pic of theres for me or something..but ill post something about that up later..(with pics)

i also have pics of the inside of my shoulder where you can see all 3 fracture lines..ill get a shot of those up for you guys to.

Quick Reply: surgery was good.