Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Super Pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have two friends that Iwould let ride my bike & basically I'm probably the only other person that one friend lets me ride his bike & definitely the only one to the other.
But there is one law governing it. You bend it, you mend it. Does not help when one of your friends turns out to be a sneaky bastard & didn't tell you about it straight away, its not like they have reset your trip meter, readjusted the mirrors or brought it bike with 1 drop of petrol in the tank. Lesson learned, now you know that at least one of your (former?) friends is a dick.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
You are to be commended for your spirit of sharing but unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished. Sorry to hear of the damage.

To play devil's advocate here though... You have to accept some of the responsibility for the possibility that something could happen when you let someone else ride your bike. That's not to say that your are at fault...just that you know very well that something could happen. That being said, the guilty party should 'fess-up & pony-up the bucks to replace damaged parts...that's only fair. Them not doing the right thing & confessing is just sheer cowardice...no doubt about it.

My example is less stressful but nevertheless irritating... A lady wanted to let her little boy sit on top of my seat like he was a rider. I thought the whole thing was quite harmless, as he was a little boy of about 4 yrs old. That is, til he started jumping up & down on the tank w/ his tennis shoes that had small rocks in the soles...effectively scatching up the paint! ' I had to spend about an hr w/ rubbing compound & wax to get that paint back to where it should be. Point is, I have to accept some responsibility for the damage to the paint b/c I let him get up there in the first place.

For you, like me...Lesson learned.

Once again, sorry your bike was damaged. Hope it repairs easily.
yep like i said **** happens, im very well aware of it.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM

In all likelihood it was the second rider. If it had been the first rider, then the second rider would probably have noticed the bent lever and said something to the effect of, "Dude, what's up with your clutch lever?"

Elementary my dear Watson- I believe rider #2 is the douchebag. (If, however, it was in fact rider #1, and rider #2 failed to notify you, then they are both douchebags.)

Old 02-17-2010, 06:17 AM

+1 on rider #2. ask him if he has paypal....or pay-a-pal...

Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 AM

seems like this happens to the best of us! lesson learned here to!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowfax
In all likelihood it was the second rider. If it had been the first rider, then the second rider would probably have noticed the bent lever and said something to the effect of, "Dude, what's up with your clutch lever?"

Elementary my dear Watson- I believe rider #2 is the douchebag. (If, however, it was in fact rider #1, and rider #2 failed to notify you, then they are both douchebags.)
# 2 has ridden it before. but i don't know. the first guy always was kinda douchey until the last year or so. i don't know? this whole thing is gay.

is this always what happens when u try to be the nice guy???

Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM

You know what they say nice guys finish last. Good thing I was born being a D!<K

Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow.. that does suck.. to look at the bright side.. it could have been much worse i guess.. but a true friend owns up to it...

Old 02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by canhead64
# 2 has ridden it before. but i don't know. the first guy always was kinda douchey until the last year or so. i don't know? this whole thing is gay.

is this always what happens when u try to be the nice guy???
Short answer? Yes

Long answer? Not with someone you can truly trust. But those people are far and few between. At least as far as I'm concerned. If I couldn't trust the person alone inside my house for a couple hours, I couldn't and wouldn't trust them with my bike.

And at that point, I still wouldn't let them ride my bike. I would be upset if anything happened to my bike. My best friend could easily replace my 95 F3 with a brand new BMW S1000rr. Just a trip to the bank for a cash withdraw. But he'd never ask cause he knows the level of personal investment couldn't be replaced. And he'd avoid potential hard feelings simply by not asking

Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not to make light of the situation.. but I am considering this as a deterrent to those friends that might even think of a joyride..

Thought it might give you a laugh..

Quick Reply: Super Pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!