Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Super Bug!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Bug!!!

LOL, I was out on a nice twisty ride thru Kentucky this morning. A beautiful winding road thru the country. I came to a nice straight stretch with a rock wall on one side and river on the other so I was running about 75 and all of a sudden......WHACK.......Super bug hit me right in the face shield. It plastered my whole shield with bug guts and stringy stuff, I couldnt hardly see a thing!!!! I had to pull over and clean it, it was soooo bad! I dont know what it was, I caught a glimpse of something that looked golf ball size just before it wacked me......It literally knocked my head back some. I cant believe it didnt break the face shield. Had I been without a helmet, I think I'd be laying there on the road about now....

Any of you ever hit a Super Bug like that????

Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Super Bug!!!

I remember I hit a real juicy one that managed to coat most of the right side of my face shield. I cannot understand how people without helmets or windshields deal with bugs and rocks hitting them in the face.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I got hit in the forhead by a big black bumble bee before. was riding my old CB350 w/o a helmet in a just about to turn into a parking lot and whack right in my head lol felt like a rock

Old 09-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Back when I was a kid I'd ride in the back of my dad's convertible and had to deal with getting hit in the face with bugs.. heh, I've had trouble with bugs when out on the lake too.

Worst bug I've had to deal with is when I took a bee in the mouth when in the back of the convertible. It split my lip open and I was coughing up bee guts for a couple of minutes after it.. I dunno if I coulda managed to drive at the same time as when that happened.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:23 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about, except I got hit in the chest (with a speedmaster leather jacket on) and it felt like i got punched wearing a tee shirt. If it wasn't for the guts and juice and lack of feathers I would have thought I hit a bird.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:34 PM

buddy of mine got hit by a bird I wasnt there but they said he bout lost it and that he was covered in blood and feathers said it was kinda funny but still coulda been bad

Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM

I caught a big *** monarch butterfly right in the shield one time. wings stayed on and spread right accross my shield. I also almost got fabio'd with a bird once. i actualy saw it out of the corner of my eye, ducked and it just nicked the top of my helmet.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM

I got hit by a cicada last year....damn near took my head off!!! haha but it did exactly the same thing, splattered on my shield and I couldnt see nothing.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Banned

I nailed a butterfly a few weeks back. It was like it was in slow motion...I'm approaching this beautiful, colorful creation of God just flapping it's unique feathery wings in the wind across the highway and SMACK!

It was the most beautiful tragedy I've ever seen.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

I got hit by a cicada last year....damn near took my head off!!! haha but it did exactly the same thing, splattered on my shield and I couldnt see nothing.
I'm wondering if that may be what I hit, they're out right now or there is a few left around anyway. It about had to be one of them or a hummingbird..........

Quick Reply: Super Bug!!!