Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Suff u broke, then fixed, all without parents finding out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suff u broke, then fixed, all without parents finding out.

I thought this would be a funny thread to start. Post up some things that you have broken and then proceeded to fix without the owner knowing.

Here are my two best stories:

Me n my brother were fighting (free entertainment) not seriously but just messin round. he pushed me over the back edge of the new couch and i reached to grab something to keep me from breaking my neck. ended up grabbing the back cushion and tearing it halfway off. we stopped fighting immediately and i then spent the next 4 hours hand stitching the cushion back on. I must have done a good job cause that was over two years ago and it is still holding and u have to look very, very hard to notice it, like put some reading glasses on and get ur face within 6 inches to notice it. pretty proud of that one.

Next one is when me n my younger sister were pissed off at each other and i threw a remote at her. i wasn't intending to hit her and just wanted scare her with it. i thought she was going to catch it cause i threw it kinda soft but not really. well she turned around just as I threw it and the remote hit the corner of the wall and it chipped the plaster off the corner where the corner bead was. ( the metal piece that u put on the corner of walls when drywalling, u have to put drywall mud on to make it look like a perfect corner) anyways, I thought, oh chit!, mom n dad are going to be home in two hours, so i got some drywall mud and fixed it, looked damn good but i didn't have time to paint it back to the right color, they didn't notice that night and at 4 in the morning i dabbed some paint on it before dad woke up and went to work.

its been four years and my dad hasn't said anything about it. amazing thing is my dad has been a carpenter for his whole life and i thought for sure he would somehow find out cause its the only part on the wall that isn't textured, its just flat.

i wanna hear some that beat my two stories, my cousin has a real good one but i'll save it for later.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I'm more of a, I broke it oh crap hide it then 3 months later deny knowing anything about it kinda guy

Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM

ahh. the stupid chit we do when were young and dumb! i wanna hear some good stories! come on!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM

When I was younger, me and my buddy talked his parents into getting us a go-cart from sams club to ride around the neighborhood. One day we decided to jump a ditch with it and we flipped it and bent the 2inch pipe suspension brace. we though we were screwed but I took a sledge hammer and a wood block and beat the hell out of it and bent it back. His parents never did find out. lol They ended up taking it back to sams the year after cause the motor blew and there was still a warranty. lol, what great times....

Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm more of a, I broke it oh crap hide it then 3 months later deny knowing anything about it kinda guy
HA! Me too...
Although some instances were so glaringly obvious that there was no way in hell I was gonna be able to hide it.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM

When I was young and (incredibly) dumb I thought I was cool and playing with my neighbor's guns while he was out of town. I was supposed to be feeding his fish. I was pretending to play Russian roulette and forgot which way the chamber rotated. Ended up putting a .357 sized hole in his ceiling. The ceiling was white so I found some bathroom caulk to fill the hole with. He never noticed and the roof never leaked. That house has been bulldozed since.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Well, I wasn't gonna post because my parents did find out about this, but when I was like 15-16 and didn't yet have a license, I used to drive around in my mom's car a lot. It was an older Infiniti I30 and my parents left it at home a lot because they commuted together in another car. Anyways, I got braver and braver with it, driving to the mall and whatnot. One day, I managed a flat tire. I slapped on hte donut and left it sitting in the garage until one day my dad's like, WTF? I fessed up, but they weren't that mad about it.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 PM

When i was 9 and my sister was 7 my mom had this bright pink bathroom. We lived in a mobile home and it was summer. We were bored all day without a babysitter and we were keeping ourselves occupied. Well we wound up in my moms bathroom cause it was huge and over her tub she had a hanging plant that was in like this woven basket. So here iam in thes huge bright pink bathroom and i get the idea to play tarzan. So i climb onto the window sill and grab the plant give it a tug and it hold. So i grip it and jump off and the basket doesnt hold for chit. It ripped just the anchor out of the ceiling. After a few moments of my sister freaking out cause im breathing wierd i manage to get up and start trying to fix it right away. I look at the anchor and notice its just a piece of metal in a straight line that you would slip in then it layed in the ceilings. Well the metal was bent and i couldnt bend it back so i got tape and popsicle sticks. Put it back up and cleaned the dirt and i was good to go. She never noticed. haha Man i miss being a kid.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
Well, I wasn't gonna post because my parents did find out about this, but when I was like 15-16 and didn't yet have a license, I used to drive around in my mom's car a lot. It was an older Infiniti I30 and my parents left it at home a lot because they commuted together in another car. Anyways, I got braver and braver with it, driving to the mall and whatnot. One day, I managed a flat tire. I slapped on hte donut and left it sitting in the garage until one day my dad's like, WTF? I fessed up, but they weren't that mad about it.
thats funny, how long did it take for him to notice???

Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by coldfire
When I was young and (incredibly) dumb I thought I was cool and playing with my neighbor's guns while he was out of town. I was supposed to be feeding his fish. I was pretending to play Russian roulette and forgot which way the chamber rotated. Ended up putting a .357 sized hole in his ceiling. The ceiling was white so I found some bathroom caulk to fill the hole with. He never noticed and the roof never leaked. That house has been bulldozed since.
hahahahaha! thats great! at least u didn't point it at someone... or urself.

Quick Reply: Suff u broke, then fixed, all without parents finding out.