Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid very stupid!!!! I need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stupid very stupid!!!! I need some advice.

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
you can use all caps... IF YOU'RE YELLING AT SOMEONE!!!

As for how will cold damage the bike? It's a HONDA!!!! I can't vouche for this but you could probably leave it in Antartica for 1000years with a layer of salt over it as penguins and rabib beavers geeked up on PCP knawed at it for all eternity. Then take it up and replace the gas and go.

I guess I'd find out at what temp gas freezes(I assume below 32). And if you have anti-freeze in there read the bottle for what it's good for with whatever mixture you have it at.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

So after I chained the bike up I tried to not think about anything happening to my bike. This did not work. I was going nuts, going outside to look and see if it was still there or still upright.

I then put on a pair of my best snowboarding boots and went for a serious workout. I ended up pushing the bike up the hill to my garage.
I had to get a stable footing, grab the brake, kept the kickstand down and push. I did this for a little over an hour with minimal breaks in between. Needless to say I dont think I will be doing any upper body workouts for the next couple of days.
End result is it's in the garage now and I can stop worrying.

I enclosed a couple of pics to try and show the task that was at hand. (if anyone cares)

Thanks for the input guys and sorry for the frantic thread. I got a little freaked out when I wasnt able to put it in the garage.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21762/85D0D41086BE49749005BA3BBA8F8794.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21762/3784692FD7B540BA8A94FAF52300F014.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21762/736A2579037F4C4082F346BFB121C3BD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21762/DC983820E73D4D5D91026C914CE3090B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2007, 11:19 PM

Glad you got it back OK. I was out riding earlier, when it looked halfway good on my side, (I live in Bremerton, just across the water from you) Anyways, out riding and it started dumping down snow, I just kept it slow and carefull. The rear slid a few times at low speed, but I made it back OK. Your one of the few guys on here from the seattle area I have heard of on this forum, hit me up if your down for a ride, got some good roads over here.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Glad you got it back OK. I was out riding earlier, when it looked halfway good on my side, (I live in Bremerton, just across the water from you) Anyways, out riding and it started dumping down snow, I just kept it slow and carefull. The rear slid a few times at low speed, but I made it back OK. Your one of the few guys on here from the seattle area I have heard of on this forum, hit me up if your down for a ride, got some good roads over here.
I will. Most of the guys I know have cruisers. I am usually riding solo.I am always searching for new routes and fellow riders to join up with. I will pm you with my info so we can hook up when the weather permits.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Sounds good man. Look up the 101/106 loop around the kitsap peninsula, up and around the hood canal, fun route, 150mi or so, good roads as fast or as easy as you want to take them, very scenic, lots of good places to eat along the way, fun time.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 AM

What a dumbass.

Why do people not believe in bike covers?

Glad you got her back. Hell, I ride my bike in the rain so I'm a little crazy too.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Dumbass? Yes.

Bike cover? I have one. Its called a garage.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

hey, dont worry about it. you can leave it out side for a good while.
i would say that once your city hits 40oF than start it up again.
the f4i is a freaking champ, im not even going to say at what temp and how long left it outside for since no one will believe me.
if you park indoor than dont even stress anything.
+1 on the F4i being a champ. Only problem i had when restarting after a long freeze and being covered with snow was when i flipped on the Run switch, it didnt make that sound. I let it warm up in the sun the next day and she fired right up.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Dumbass? Yes.

Bike cover? I have one. Its called a garage.

Me too, but its always good to have a cover or blanket near by. Hell, know you can say "You never know when its gonna snow on ya."

Old 12-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Ok, I am ready for all the abuse you can give me.

Ok, I went to our local "Toy Run" today and everything was fine. Cold as hell but ok. I live in N. Seattle but the run was in Olympia. Not sure exactly the mileage but it is atleast 50miles away.?. On my way home it started snowing. I was able to limp it home to the bottom of the street I live on. The rodes were good except my street. Dead end with almost no traffic. I had to park it at the bottom of the hill.

The snow is supposed to stop soon and turn to rain.

My question is. Do I have to worry about it freezing? It is currently 30 degrees out, but forecast said it will warm soon and turn to rain.

Will it freeze?????? I would hate to loose this due to a stupid mistake.
Would like to commend you for making the toys run today. I think there is probably quite a few of us who have been caught in the same situation as far as the elements go. You were able to adapt and improvised to overcome the situation with a healthy outcome, that is truly all that matters and Thank You for Your Efforts On Behalf Of the children

Quick Reply: Stupid very stupid!!!! I need some advice.