Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The stupid person at work

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost the entire management team is like that here. I can explain, using monosyllabic words, how something is wrong and even get them to agree that it's wrong. Then they won't fix what's wrong because they'll say it's wrong to fix it

Today I had a job on my route. It was created incorrectly, put in as an installation. As an install, the customer gets charged for my trip there ($15 trip fee) + whatever work I do. At regular rates, I can hit triple digits just for glancing at your wireless router. Problem is the customer was just installed on Sunday and already charged. So it should have been a trouble call, where the customer only gets charged if it's something that's their fault (stupidity since the wiring should have been repaired or replaced Sunday). I tell the supe on duty (mine is on vacation and he'd have done it cause I said so).

Him: What's wrong with the job
Me: Job is wrong. Should be a service call.
Him: It's an Install
Me: They were installed on Sunday
Him: < checks computer > yeah they were. So?
Me: so cancel the install and put in a service call
Him: Installer must have screwed up the install. Go fix it
Me: so cancel the install and put in a service call
Him: can't do that. They have to be charged for the install
Me: They were charged on Sunday
Him: <checks computer> yeah, they were. So?
Me: So cancel the install and put in a service call
Him: Can't do that, I'll get in trouble if I fix it.
Me: So you want me to go and double charge the customer?
Him: It is what it is
Me:

I ended up refusing to do it. Got threatened with a written warning for refusing a direct order from a supervisor. Responded with "write me up and I'll have the regional VP on the phone asking why I was ordered to rip off a customer within 30 minutes" (yes, I have the cell #). Made a new enemy

Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the kind of stories I was looking for. Complete F**king morons. Keep em coming.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM

I'm in the electricians union now so all the guys I work with are pretty smart, at least common sense smart sometimes their views on things are a bit dim. But at my last job we had a head gardener who had lived her entire life in a drug induced haze so some of the things she said or did didn't make sense.

One day a helicopter flew over the property pretty low, kind of a common occurrence there but she said "Oh someone must be lost and their searching for them." Mind you this is an extremely residential area with maybe 1 square mile of actual woods without a home or road. One of my other co-workers said or they're out looking for pot plants. The gardener responded with oh my god I didn't know they did that I gotta hide my and trailed off before she finished.

We kinda had a feeling she was a space monkey but that confirmed it. There was also another time when she requested an hour and a half lunch so she could go to all the yard sales that day. I couldn't believe she had the audacity to request time off from work for that but my boss let her go. I'll think of some better stories later on I've worked with some real wack jobs.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 PM

LMAOOO thats soo funny i was speaking to a guest here at work and almost burst out in laughter reading that.. is she a blonde or something?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
if you decide to come to LG sometime and wanna ride hit me up.
I was actually up there a couple weeks ago and a couple weeks before that. I am sure we will ride up again there soon. I'll PM you when I plan my next ride.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 PM

I thought i worked with idiots! haha!

My Day Job is as a Dispatcher/Service router for a towing company and an Alarm company, and i mainly quote charges and talk to the Drivers and technicans about the jobs and where they need to go and blah Blah Blah!

Well.. the tow Drivers have some common sense.. But the technicans for the alarm company...have no common sense... today

me: 675, Is your Service Call Over.
675: uhhh Service Call.. You mean call for service.
me: Yeah... a Service Call... is it over..
675: Im Finishing up the call for service..
me: *snicker* Ok. Make sure you Charge them $65 instead of $60 Because prices went up $5 Today.
675: Why $65.. did prices go up?
me:
^^ this one isnt as bad as his Previous Days but this one just happened so it was fresh in my mind haha!

This is the same technician that asked me (mind you im in an office behind a Computer) "Hey, Where does this Brown wire go?"
And I hear from this guy Daily about.. (His Famous Questions)
1) "Do i charge theese customers?" (are you working for free?)
2) "Do they have an Alarm System" (Uhhh why do you think your going there?)
3) "Their Call is at 2.... do i have to be there at 2?" ()

Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like this girl is on my level with the ditzyness... ahahahahaha!!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 AM

At my township job I work with complete morons! It Pisses me off just thinking about it. It's seasonal so I'm on a break from it and debating on if I'm going back..

Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM

I think one of my all time favorites was when I worked at quiznoes... some chick asked a customer if they wanted there sandwich with bread....

Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by sumone
some chick asked a customer if they wanted there sandwich with bread....
oh that is a classic. If I was the customer I would ask for someone else to make my sandwhich. You think being a woman she would be good at making sandwiches by now

Quick Reply: The stupid person at work