Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid People

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kuro,
hope you don't mind me asking but what kind of job is it that requires a drug test?
It seems to be a more regular requirement in the US for drug testing than it is here in the UK.
Sure if you're a train driver, in the armed forces, police etc, but I know a few over that side of the pond that do jobs which to be honest don't seem that onerous yet the employer seems to insist on it. I can't really get my head round the thinking.
Anyway, go for the opening matey. Good bloody luck. Some people are so damned thick! Nothing wrong in taking advantage.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're cable techs. But our jobs involve driving daily, climbing heights and other situations where our / public safety (and the company's insurance) can be at risk. Lot of jobs here require a drug / alcohol test for employment. And any incident on the job requires an immediate drug / alcohol test. They even made me come in for one when someone broke into my truck at my house on one of my off days.

Pissed them off too. They had to pay both for the drug test & 4 hours overtime for making me come in

Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never seen a case where burning bridges went well... I'm not sure why every one drug-tests over here to be honest. Ive only ever had to take them for football but we got a good 2-3 week warning so it was never a bad ordeal.

oh and gook luck kuro!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Well step 1 is done. They called me in for basic Skills Assessment. Dey neads two mak shure I's cans read and rite and do math stuffz

Easy. They give 2 hours for this and when i took a similar test for my company it took me bout 15 minutes with no errors. Wonder what Sunday's weather is gonna be like... I can ride to the test center then go for a real ride

Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Like you ride your bike ..... one word .....focus !

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 PM

the thing that has me wondering though is about bridge burning.

Back when i was hired 5 years ago, they told us during training that if we ever went to work for this particular company we'd be declared persona non grata. We'd never be eligible for rehire in the company again. Not sure about the legality of that but OK. Simply going to work there burns the bridge. Not like throwing magnesium and napalm on it. But it'll be burned all the same.

Right now I'm not entirely certain that if offered a position in this company, I'd be able to maintain my performance. Right now I'm honestly to the point that if i don't get offered a position I'd seriously consider give my two weeks, cashing out my 401k (about 15k after penalties) and using that to find work elsewhere. Half my team has been interviewing in the last month for new positions in other companies (4 with this company)