Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stunting Section

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunting Section

Ok, from the post about the show Superbikes on Speed channel it got pretty heated so I was thinking, How about a section for stunting and those types of things all in one section so that anyone that doesn't want to hear about it doesn't have to click the link to it. I know that everyone has their opinion on what a bike is built for and I have no problem with that, but it really gets to me when someone tells you that your giving sportbike riders a bad name from doing a few wheelies. There are alot of posts about stunting in general and I think that we could possible make some room for a stunting Section?

Please give you honest opinion without getting heated. If you want a Stunt Section so you don't have to get close to it vote yes, if you don't think it will be a good thread to start simply vote no. And if your worried about someone getting hurt you could put a sticky at the top with a "We will not be held responsible for any damage to your bike or you from trying any of these stunts talked about Blah, Blah, Blah"

Old 07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Default RE: Stunting Section

Well so far so good. Keep the votes coming, I'd like to see a stunt section on this board if the admins will allow it. If you don't want a stunt section admins feel free to delee this poll.

-Jesse-

Old 07-04-2006, 09:24 PM

i dont "stunt" nor do i really care for it, but i see that it is very popular and why not have a section to pass on better tips, increase safety, teach new "techniques" This would do more good than harm i believe

Old 07-04-2006, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: SkinnyJ

i dont "stunt" nor do i really care for it, but i see that it is very popular and why not have a section to pass on better tips, increase safety, teach new "techniques" This would do more good than harm i believe
Thanks, its good to see some support for the "other side" I know alot of people don't stunt, but I'd like to see a Stunt Secion here since there is a demand for good info and try to make it a little safer for everyone who wants to give it a try.

-Jesse-

Old 07-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Retired Administrator

I will discuss this topic with Patrick and see how he feels. What name would you like to see the section labeled if he approves it? Stunting, stunters... ?

It will of course have to have a caption that promotes safe riding and legal riding. I personally do not see any problem with members discussing stunting and how to tips for PARKING LOT stunting and so on. Members that do not like stunting do not have to view the section. I'll ask and see if it fly’s.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator

How bout naming the section "On One Wheel"?.....just a thought

-Adam

Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

How bout naming the section "On One Wheel"?.....just a thought

-Adam
I like that or I have always liked "Up On 1" but I think "Stunting" would be easier for everyone to understand so they would get the idea and stay out if they didn't want to read or see anything about stunting. I'd just like to see a place that people can discuss stunting without getting flamed by the people that don't like it. We could even get something to discuss trackdays, and track setups for the people that like doing that. Just another thought, I'm just trying to make everyone happy without starting another big war.

-Jesse-

Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM

I thnk it's totally unnecessary. There are plenty of sites out there dedicated to stunting, why start another?

Old 07-05-2006, 04:08 PM

I don t agree with stunting on public roads but its a hobby just like a track days are hobbies and twistys and so on so why not .... i do not see a problem with if you want a better risk of gettting hurt thats your deal worry about youself is my saying...

Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Neebe: "I thnk it's totally unnecessary. There are plenty of sites out there dedicated to stunting, why start another?"

TRUE...there are all kinds of forums out there dedicated to CBR's too, so why the hell do we need this one?

We're not askin to make this site stunt-dedicated---just to have a seperate forum for it. We have a women's forum for women, an off-topic for other topics, mods for mods, etc...why not one for those who choose to stunt, whether it be all the time or on occasion?

-Adam

Quick Reply: Stunting Section