Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stunt Life Stunt Show Post Game Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunt Life Stunt Show Post Game Show

For all of those interested...a few of us from the Forum(DJ Slyke,CBRFREEK,Turnin 20's and Twistatech) attended the Stuntlife Stunt Show in Union Grove Wisc this past weekend (July22).Aside from getting a little turned around on the trip up there i would go out on a limb and say it was worth the 20 dollar entry fee.
There was more than adequate parking for the droves of bikes that came in for a good portion of the after noon.We arrived around 12:30 so a good portion of the riders were already takin practice on the track doing various stunts.Alot of wheelies.There was a minute there when it almost felt like just beacuse i rode a sport bike i was inclined to know how to wheelie but the i realized that these were seasoned pros who (most of them) rode stunt bikes that had been crashed before.
The 14 yr old phenom Aaron (insert last name) was there and ran quite well considering he was 14.Alot of local talent and of course the show stopper track pro...Bill D...what a display.
The first even was the longest endo and i gotta tell ya seein it done on TV then seeing it live makes it all the more amazing.They had a 400 foot approach before they had to start the trick.The first guy out of the gate...Bill D...i think he won with some where aound 1000 feet...almost a quarter mile..INSANE.No one even really came close.

Second trick i think was longest coaster(wheelie) once again a 400 foot approach.Im not sure what the cats name was but he busted out like a 1100 foot coaster first run...we were all wowed..i mean a coaster is a wheelie with no power applied to the back tire...just coasting on one tire...next run was short and his next run got 1124.But there he was Kentucky Fried Bill D with his blaze orange shorts and funky mohawk helmet(warpedtoys.com).Bill's first run was short by 30 feet.The next run which was questionable was long enuff for first place but they DQ'd the run because someone said he let out the clutch so this crazy *** ..goes back out there and starts his run and TURNS THE BIKE OFF and still coasts farter then anyone and turns a 180 at the end... Bill D 2 Locals 0

The next even was the fastest wheelie which i had read last year was 111 and the first guy out rips a 98mph.The had a 60 foot approach the bring the front tire up..and the off to the races..a few 90's a couple of 80's but the...yea Bill D first run..116...second run 123...third run 119...INCREDIBLE..there were few who tried hard thus far and we were all looking at the impending doom of a thunderstorm at this point... Bill D 3 Locals 0

There was a long intermission to let the rain pass a few drips here and there but found out when i got home (40 miles South) it rained hard elsewhere.There were alot of people scared off by the chance of a hugs storm but the folks who stayed were treated to a UBER impressive 4 bike tire burnout/blowout.INSANE..4 bikes doing burnouts all 4 of them blown tires.

SO by this time after a few hrs in the sun on hard wooden bleachers we were all kinda worn out so the freestyle competition kinda left us all a lil flat at first.Until we the Watchtower crash..Impressive riding but this guy dont know his name but his brother came out and nailed the watch tower much to the crowds delight.

Then Bill D came out an wowed us all..great tricks a bunch of crazy wheelie combos and then he brought out Crazy Gracy and did a few stoppies and wheelies with Gracy in a few very suggestive yet difficult positions...a very talented rider and accomplice.One of the crazy tricks was the power slide in the kickc stnad fall off...dont know if it has a name...but D came sliding in sideways and just when it looked like he was gonna fall off he jumps off and the kickstand holds the bike upright...crazy... Bill D 4 Locals 0

At this point it was close to 7pm and wasnt sure if would be able to watch much more freestle as the Team Event was next so DJ and i headed out and hit the road...As i said...it was worth the 20 bux ..the peop

Old 07-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Stunt Life Stunt Show Post Game Show

Great summery. At the end Kelm?? (I think) who rides with controlled insanity won best trick for a no handed seat stander wheelie that set down into a jesus christ, but Bill D should have won that one IMO for a 3 person wheelie (kelm standing on the headlight and crazy gracy on the back) and then kelm jumps off mid wheelie and bill d pulls a few circles right after. Then they had the teams and the team that the anouncer rides with won, go figure but it was still a good show. Deffinately worth the $20 and the 3 hour trip LOL I just hope next year that they have their "game plan" figured out a little better. It got kind of lame waiting 30-45 minutes between events so they could figure out what they were doing. Lots and lots of burnouts a few acros and alot of cool people. And Aaron Colton (the 14 year old kid) was good, but the vids that I have seen of him before made him look alot better, or mabye he just had an off day. I don't know but it was a good time and I'm planning on going back next year.

Hey Kevin, we had to stop right down the road to get gas and there were a bunch of guys on Hardleys getting ready to leave the stoplight and I was still a little pumped from the show so I was yelling at them to do a wheelie LOL They all took off hard, well as hard as a harley can LOL then this dude in a 300Z(I think) with a turbo pulls out bouncing the thing off the rev limiter and the blow off valve was going crazy. Pretty cool LOL that guy was getting it. All right thats all I can think of right now but I'm sure theres more

Peace

-Jesse-

Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Stunt Life Stunt Show Post Game Show

josh and andy clem .... http://www.teamcontrolledinsanity.com ..... were the twins just killin it out there. man freek you and dj left and missed the best part of the show. it was fricken INSANE after you guys left. your gonna have to stay the whole time next time. maybe we can get a room and stay down there for the weekend or something next year and get some riding in. let me know when you and dj wanna get a little group ride(wheelies) going. sometime soon...... peace.... Ben

here is some pics for you lame asses that didnt show up or live to far away....!!!!

Name:  doublehighchairwithambulance.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  22.4 KB

Name:  highchair1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  9.9 KB

Name:  aaronjesuschrist.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  aarondoingsomecircles.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  18.7 KB