Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stung by a bee

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stung by a bee

Today I was riding down by the mexican border in SD and I was going about 40 when I felt a sharp pain in my upper thigh, apparently I hit a bee and he stung me. It hurt like hell so I pulled over when I could and the stinger and part of the bee's butt was stuck in my jeans. Luckily this made it easy to pull out but it still hurt like crazy for a few minutes. It's just a little red mark now so I guess I'm not allergic or anything.

Also one of my friends told me that a long time ago when he used to ride, he was on the freeway and a moth flew into his full face helmet and was flying around in there so he had no choice but to bite it to stop it. He said it was the nastiest thing he'd ever tasted and he got off the fwy as soon as he could and started eating grass to get rid of the taste.

Anyone else had something like this happen?

Old 05-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Stung by a bee

that's crazy bro, the worst i've had was mosquitos flying inside my helmet and it's very annoying, i almost wrecked.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, small bugs **** me off to no end when they fly in through the vents, even with the shield closed. Then they manage to crawl around in your hair. I've also had crap fly down my collar and bite the hell out of me. Yesterday, it was so hot that I had my visor open for a few minutes when I got smacked square in the face by a big black butterfly. That was nice. I always wear sunglasses under my tinted visor for protection if I open my shield, but I try not to do that too much - especially at night.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a yellow jacket sting me on the neck last year. I only had about 1/2 inch of exposed skin between the helmet and top of my jacket but the little bastard sure did find it[:@]

About 4 years ago I was cruising along (read: very fast) and hit a bird with my right shoulder. I didn't know at the time though. I heard a loud POP and instantly noticed blood on my helmet and the arm of my jacket. Actually thought I'd been shot because it hurt like crazy -- even through the armor. Made it home only to find feathers -- doh!!@#!!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beeees... I HATE 'EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember a wasp prompting me to throw my Norton, in the sand, after beating my bod silly, trying to kill it, after about 3 stings. Oh, I was in a suit, and finally, to the amusement of all, ended up half naked still pounding on myself. trying to seek relief/ revenge. I HATE 'EM !!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 AM

yea those bugs suck!

I've been stung bout' 3 maybe 4 times, funny how fast they sting.. like they are flying as* first or something lol. Worst bug I ever hit was a June Bug.. A beatle looking thingy.. that left a pretty good mark. Hit a Bird before too, hit so hard it threw me almost sideways on the bike - felt like someone chucked at 80lb rock at me, least to say scary and hurt like hell.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:24 PM

OK this one is just creepy..so creepy i almosy wrecked.It was the like the second day out on my RR and i was still a lil tenative riding within my limits and all.I was mototring about 70 down the road when out of no where an Earwig crawls across my visor on the outside...im doing 70 and this bug is just creeping over my visor..it freeked the s(*&^^ out of me i thought it was on the inside..if you dont know what and earwig is...they look like centipedes with pincers on the tail end..realll creepy.

And in a non related riding bee sting story...It was my first trip to Las Vegas back in 93..i had some errands to run before the trip.The usual running about and i stopped of at a friends house get some skates..i was drinking a soda out of a can and set it on the roof of the car...(see whats coming next dont ya)..it was there for a few minutes and thought nothing of it...i get in the car and start motoring towards home and take a drink of my soda and to my horror there is a bee ..in my mouth stinging my lip..got me like three times before i spit it out...it was the craziest thing..When i got home looked like i got punched sqauare in the grill and my lip was soooo swollen and i was headed to Vegas.I had a limo pickin me up so i iced it down and drank alot of Capt Morgan to escape the pain ...LOL..but it was jsut the wierdest thing to get stung inside the mouth

Old 05-29-2006, 03:37 PM

I was hit and stung on the neck last year by a Bee doing 80 Kms per hr. The bee hit my neck and was moving around my collar, I was freaking out like a little bitch. Finally the F#@ker stung me and I was able to squish him between my neck and my collar. My neck swelled up and turned red as hell. Thank fully I had some meds at home to help out. My buddy laughed his *** off and the next day he too got stung on the neck in the same place and the exact same area I was riding.
Ironic or what!

Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 PM

I was riding with my hand out the passanger window when I hit a bee. It smashed into a thousand pieces all suck inbetween my middle and ring finger. (that extra skin/webbing stuff) A moment later, I felt a SHARP pain in my hand, going up my arm.

The bee's stinger was lodged inside me. Craziest sting I've ever had. Hurt like HELL. The fires of a thousand suns, in my damn hand.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

when out of no where an Earwig crawls across my visor on the outside...im doing 70 and this bug is just creeping over my visor..it freeked the s(*&^^ out of me i thought it was on the inside..
LMAO .. yea those things are creepy! I prolly would have been screetching to a halt on that one.

Quick Reply: Stung by a bee