Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Strangers and your bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i'm riding with friends i don't usually have a problem swapping rides...but then if you break it, you fix it. swapping rides lets you see how different things change a ride.

definitely though, if i don't know you ride (pic of "your" bike doesn't count) you aren't taking my bike anywhere!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulie
He said he liked crotch rockets but preferred his harley (which he decided to show me a pic of). I tried to be nice but honestly I was just tired and wanted to go home.
You can bet that if the situation were reversed and you showed him a pic of your "crotch rocket" he would not have been as polite as you were. How many tattoos did he have anyway?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Very random. I don't own a bike but I woul do just like JP. Btw I'm one to walk up to a bike owner and talk to them about theirs or bikes in general. But I think it's rude to ask some one you don't know to sit on their bike. Not so bad if it's a car, but a bike CAN tip over. And that is what I automatically think. Just bc sitting may not be so hard it's the goofball on it that may not even know what the heck he is doing.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM

I don't even let my friends ride my bike. I might, and I stress might, let a stranger sit on my bike but as soon as he started it I would have hit the kill switch and my attitude would have taken a change for the worse.
RoadiJeff, what do the tattoos have to do with it? lol I know I'm not the only one here with tats.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by sparkman
RoadiJeff, what do the tattoos have to do with it? lol I know I'm not the only one here with tats.
I dunno - from my observations of riders in general it seems like the Harley riders have more tattoos than anyone else.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:43 AM

A lot of car show guys have signs that say

"This is like my beautiful wife, you can look and admire, but please be respectful and don't touch"

Might include that in your conversation next time.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I dunno - from my observations of riders in general it seems like the Harley riders have more tattoos than anyone else.
stereotypical but you know more often than not thats true but its not just the tattoos its their general persona. I have tattoos but you couldnt But, when you see a guy with 2 full sleeves, long hair, typical looking harley rider you dont have very many conclusions to draw (an extreme scenario but you get the point). Who cares anyway, if anybody asked if that was my crotch rocket id see it as a derogatory term especially if its obvious they ride a harley or other non-street bike motorcycle and i wouldnt have such a friendly response. Especially when it came to them sitting on it or starting it.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:50 AM

I never felt "crotch rocket" was derogatory. Hell, that's what I call my own bike. Now, if they said "jap-crap" or "rice-burner", well, lol!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM

I don't see a problem with the term "crotch rocket". But like anything it depends how a person says it.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM

What's wrong with crotch rocket? It sits under my crotch and "rocket" is god damned right.

Quick Reply: Strangers and your bike