Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Strangers and your bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangers and your bike

So after work today I decided to head over to the bar across the street. Had my usual beer and burger and then decided to head home. When I got outside I started to gear up and noticed a car parking across from me. The man got out and said, "So thats what your riding, a crotch rocket?" I simply replied yes and continued to gear up. He then walked over and started to look at the bike. He said he liked crotch rockets but preferred his harley (which he decided to show me a pic of). I tried to be nice but honestly I was just tired and wanted to go home. He then asked if minded him sitting on it. I really didnt want to but unfortunately I have a tendancy to be too nice and so i said fine. After a second he asked if he could take it around the parking lot. I told him no i had to go. Then he started messing with the key (which i had already placed in the ignition) and started the bike. This made me nervous but I figured if he even attempted to put it in gear i was gonna nail the kill switch and remove him by force. He then asked again to go around the block. I told him no i had to go and he finally got off, hitting my helmet with his boot (which dangling on the rear of the bike) which he didnt even apologize for. When he finally left I thought for a moment about the situation and was totally disgusted. What the **** is wrong with people. If someone is nice enough to let you sit on there bike, why cant that be enough!?!? It's like dealing with kids! I just wish people would show some respect for others property. Be gracious and thankful for the opportunity you've been given. I guess thats just asking to much out of people.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:07 AM

If it's a stranger- look don't touch
If it's someone I know- You can sit on it
If it's someone I know that rides I might (might!) let them ride it.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
yup.....

Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 AM

jp_greenville13 has the idea, Just smile and say "you can look but don't touch"

Riding my bike?NO! If anything goes wrong it will be me that most likely foots the bill. Only person that rides it is my old man because i can trust him not to go silly.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 AM

Had my usual beer
The cbr gods will strike you down on this on!!! Drinking and riding????? Sound the sirins!

Seriously, I can be fairly nice myself but Im with you on the "remove by force". I dont mind if a friend that rides and has his own bike rides mine, we all know the rules. You wreck my bike, I take yours home and give it back when you fix mine......Although I will let my twin and older brother ride even though they no longer have a bike.... The bike is materialistic, and **** happens....

Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
The cbr gods will strike you down on this on!!! Drinking and riding????? Sound the sirins!

Seriously, I can be fairly nice myself but Im with you on the "remove by force". I dont mind if a friend that rides and has his own bike rides mine, we all know the rules. You wreck my bike, I take yours home and give it back when you fix mine......Although I will let my twin and older brother ride even though they no longer have a bike.... The bike is materialistic, and **** happens....
Only 1 beer ever btw I've actually given my bartender a hard time when he tries to push another on me. As far as the bike goes I think i'm going to have to stick with the "look but no touch". Way too much risk involved.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're gonna be a nice guy next time take the keys out of the ignition

If I let someone sit on my bike, my keys are in my hand.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First mentioned words "crotch rocket" would have me replying wtf do you want ?!
Followed by step back........I'm just not that friendly with people like that.

Well reckon ya might react differently next time this scenario comes up eh ?

Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Strangers no sit!

Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
I agree, I dont mind if a friend sits on my bike but not some random stranger....and I have let a a few good friends ride my bike....and of course my dad, **** hes been riding longer than I have been alive lol.

Quick Reply: Strangers and your bike