Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Strange Cager Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Cager Behavior

Right so this has been happening since day one of me biking. I got my license about 8 month ago and the bike and I have done almost 5k mile.

What Ive noticed when I come up behind a car. Once they spot me, they suddenly go from the centre of the lane to the left. They sometimes do this manuver in a violent fashion. Id say about 80% of them do this and its surprising how long it takes some of them to spot you. They'll then stay hard over for about 2-3 minutes, glancing at me in their rear view. All this time they're pretty much ploughing the verge, bumping over every drainage ditch.

Its not as If the road aheads always clear either, they do it regardless of oncoming traffic. I've experimented with different distances, road positions and shrugging at them. Anyone else noticed this?

I also got maced when some smuck in a Audi turned his windscreen washers on and I had my visor up. That **** really stings.

/rant

Old 04-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Preid
I also got maced when some smuck in a Audi turned his windscreen washers on and I had my visor up. That **** really stings.
***** that sucks. ive been hit with water from washers but not in the eyes. when i first read it and saw you got maced i was like WTF? how does one spray mace at you from a car? lol

but more on topic, no ive never noticed this violent lane area changing? people around here prefer to just merge into you or cut you off... or try to race??

Old 04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They prolly think you're gonna try to lane split and are cutting off your probable path.

Or they're planning a trap. They're hoping you'll split the lane in the opening they created so they jerk back into your path or squeeze you into something

Damn not-so-devious cagers!

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i assume ppl do it to get my bright headlights out of their mirror. if i think about it, i do the opposite in a car -- so i can better monitor the rider behind me, and to check out what he's got

Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM

The strange part is in the city, it stops. They just drive as normal.

If im filtering in the middle of two lanes of cars. The odd guy will pull towards the outside to give me more room to pass. Sadly most dont see me until ive passed. To busy singing along to the radio or off in a day dream I guess.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:51 PM

my bad hit reply in the wrong thread. sorry!

Last edited by canhead64; 04-04-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 AM

never really experianced that repeatedly however i have noticed road rage furious cagers. i just drive normally and move on. some people like was metioned above dont like highbeams

Old 04-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO. Maced? Ill have to use that next time it happens to me. lol

But i know what you mean. Just the other day this guy in front of me kept looking at me and not being able to keep his truck in the lane. We end at a stop light both lined up. He wants to race and the road is clear since its easter sunday so i gun it. The next light he comes up and keeps revving looking at me tellin me to go on green. So i crouch down like im going to take off and rev my bike to about 4k rpms and when the light turns green i sit up and slowly begin my left turn. lol

His right rear tire is the only one spinning and he is trying to shift into second and his gears are screaming in pain. lol haha

I wonder if he thought he won?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
But i know what you mean. Just the other day this guy in front of me kept looking at me and not being able to keep his truck in the lane. We end at a stop light both lined up. He wants to race....

I get this from all kinds of kids on Friday nights in there little eclipses with the big ol ehxaust mod!!!!! Sometimes if I'm lucky I will at least get some rich kid in a nice mustang with a hot girl in the front seat to look at while she smiles at me as I'm telling her boy friend I'm afraid to go that fast! Then I wink at her when her boy friend fly's off the light trying to prove he's a man by beating up on sport bikes...... (Right..)

same thing tho, I never race I just cruise away or sometimes just sit for a second and take time to laugh when they go spinning the tires off the light! I cant afford the ticket and most the time anyways these kids are in the middle of the effing city with traffic...

but as the post goes, I dont get too much of that behavior either from cars. one time i was catching up to my buddy's that were a few lengths up the road and i passed 3 cars and pulled behind one more that i was about to pass also. the guy i get behind was obviously very upset with what i did so he then got to the middle lane stating his anger that I was not going to pass "HIM"... well i stayed on the driver side of the bumper being caucus of what he might do then i started flicking the clutch a little pretending to jump at him haha and he finally pulled off to the shoulder out of harms way and flipped me off as i rode by and caught my other buddy's!

I never try to instigate or start trouble on the streets but sometimes when you get an A hole like that in front of you its fun to mess with them a little becuase THEY are the ones that are TERRIFIED of bikes ( mostly ) so if you get a little " jumpy " with it you can have them on the shoulder crying as you pass!!!!

I went all out on this story it looks like. I just hate how people fear bikes tho. I was sitting at this out door ice cream shop with my girlfriend and her friends and these 2 hondas leave the light "some what" quick and this girls boyfriend is like " those kids are gona kill there dumb *** on those things..." I was like you have never ridin a bike have you?... and hes like " F### No.. my dads friend died on one man"...
k.... My dads friend fell down the stairs and died... now i take the elevator..

I guess riding really is its own little world.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by super600
I went all out on this story it looks like.
k.... My dads friend fell down the stairs and died... now i take the elevator..
I guess riding really is its own little world.

lol i know what you mean. I cant just get to the point. I always have to give the story leading into it. haha

And that saying about the elevator is freaking great! Consider it stolen

Quick Reply: Strange Cager Behavior