Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

As the storm approaches...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default As the storm approaches...

i live here in the north east... i think today is going to be my last riding " day " for the next few days, that this is supposed to be around!!!
right now in boston we have clouds and some wind..but other than that, def "two wheelable".. turned on the weather/tv this morning and they were showing the coast of north carolina.. where some 100 miles out at sea, where the "storm" was supposlely at.. i guess there are on "average" thirty foot seas.. i wouldnt want to be caught out in that, in a dingy!!! the guy was standing in the surf " itiot" hate wen they do that!!! ya ya i get it, you want a desk job..
anyway the seafoam was two feet thick, everywhere and anywhere you looked .. seafoam was cool, the guyy talking about it wasnt..... anyway tying my bikes down later today like all storms hopefully she'll just take my house, like the last one!!!

edit: guys, guys! the last storm i was referring too was my exwife" like most huricanes, she came through and basically took everything!!

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 10-28-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jersey Barriers going up along shore where I live - they're trying to make sure the
beach remains on the beach - lol - not going to work imo.

Got my generator all primed and ready - must keep beer cold and satellite TV running

Storm itself not to be that devastating up here it's the coastal shores that'll have the
snot kicked out of them all up the east coast with the ocean surge an huge waves

Old 10-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in south jersey and we have quite a bit of wind now. not horrible yet, but it hasnt stopped. sustained 10mph winds at least with some gusts. Everyone here is freaking out about the storm and have bought out the home town store and all 3 walmarts in the area... Its going to be just like the last storm, lots of water and wind and people think they cant leave their house for weeks >.>

Old 10-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Northern Jersey, cloudy with wind starting to pick up. Generator ready to go. Hoping that it isn't going to be as bad Irene, lots of friends and family lost everything in their homes due to flooding.
Took the bike to work yesterday. Looks like Friday will be earliest I may even get a chance to ride.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got home after helping sell/prep about 160+ generators. We paid a truck driver to haul up a bunch for the storm. The ride home was fun. Some areas around me got hit hard last year. I remember going down this one street a few towns over and I saw piles and piles over 10 feet high of stuff that was destroyed from water damage. Hopefully this one breezes over, but doesn't look like it will. Good luck all, I'm heading in to work tomorrow to finish delivering generators and selling fuel stabilizer/spark plugs.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

your doing a good thing raylee... im not sure if its your full time job or if your voluntering..but it good just the same... becareful out there!!!

and a couple people from Jersey in this thread.. hope you guys fare well... listening to boston storm reports, they must have mentioned new jersey almost as much as our local predictions... so with that said : i think you guys are going to get hit hard.. I HOPE I'M WRONG..well HOPE THEY'RE WRONG!!! just said a prayer for you guys.. hopefully you just get a bunch wind...
jay

Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LI here.. Lots of wind so far not as much rain but sandy is still 300 mil
SE away... It's going to be bad with downed trees and power lines. Stay safe everyone...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM

Yeah shes supposed to turn right into us. Here in south jersey we have flooding already and its just from light rain from last night and till now. Vineland is under an inch or so of water already.

My town just replaced two bridges and a dam, and there were a few others replaced in the area last year too. hopefully they hold up.

me and a few friends have trucks and trailers/chainsaws and chains ready to go help with down trees and debree (if were cutting it were keeping it lol), pull the smart person that decides too try crossing a river running across a street again out of the stream... Had to do that twice last year.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

It sounds as if you guys are in for a pizzling!

Stay safe people, my thoughts are with you all.

Cheers, SB

Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM

im in point pleasant beach were startin to get hammered by it pretty good now. People are already riding jet skis around the streets. Next best thing if i cant ride my bike right?

my friend got a deuce and a half as preparation....

Quick Reply: As the storm approaches...