Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

STOP DRIVING!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOP DRIVING!

After reading 95camaro01f4i post about wanting to sell his bike it reminded me of something. Not to put anyone down who has sold their's. To all of us that have taken some hard spills I know people have asked you this question. After my "first acciedent" I was asked are you going to stop riding? Needless to say afer a couple more crashes that I've been forntunate to either walk or get driven away from I'm definitly lucky and proud to still be riding.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Default RE: STOP DRIVING!

I also said I was thinkin about getting rid of the bike. But dont get me wrong, my accident was 3 years ago and Ive been riding since and proud of it. The circumstances are that now I have a baby on the way. I know you can get killed in a car too but the fact is that a bike is a lot more dangerous. No matter what, you still cant predict what everybody around you is gonna do and it could take the slightest bump to get you killed. Now I would love to keep my bike and keep riding but like I said, I want to see my baby grow up. I still havent decided what Im gonna do though.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

of course its dangerous to drive a cage and a bike. a bike is more dangerous cause you have no protection, but on a bike you also have more maneuverability. much easier to swerve around a braking car on a bike than in a car. i also like the fact that a bike accelerates alot faster than a car, sometimes you need that accel. on the highway and what not, saved my butt before. some instances you might not be able to do anything, but thats just life.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:23 PM

Keep Truckin!!!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM

I got hit by a car around a year ago. Pretty much broke my bike in half. I sucked it up, fixed my bike, and got back on the road. Accidents happen every day, that day it was my turn. There's always a risk at pretty much anything you do, unless you live in a padded room at an asylum.

A car pulled out in front of a friend of mine on his old R6. He hit them in the wheel and flipped over the handle bars. Well, before his air time his legs caught under the handlebars and broke both legs right above the knee. He healed up and bought a 900RR and rides like crazy. He just bought an 05 zx 10r yesterday.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 AM

When I was on med hold at Balboa Navy Hospital in San Diego, there was a LOT of us that were in bike accidents, but the one that sticks out the most was this dude that got in an accident with his wife on the back. Needless to say, his wife died, but did that stop him? Nope! At the time when he pulled up in his beautiful brand new blue Harley, I thought he was kind of f**ked up and I wondered how he could ride after going down and his wife dieing and all, but after thinking about it I've come to this conclution.

This is our drug of choice! How addicted are you???

Old 07-14-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: wickedhx

I also said I was thinkin about getting rid of the bike. But dont get me wrong, my accident was 3 years ago and Ive been riding since and proud of it. The circumstances are that now I have a baby on the way. I know you can get killed in a car too but the fact is that a bike is a lot more dangerous. No matter what, you still cant predict what everybody around you is gonna do and it could take the slightest bump to get you killed. Now I would love to keep my bike and keep riding but like I said, I want to see my baby grow up. I still havent decided what Im gonna do though.
You can fall and hit your head and die getting out of a bathtub. When it's your time, it's your time.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:22 PM

I was in a near fatal accident the day before Thanksgiving in '98. Best friend died in the seat I was supposed to be sitting in. I keep on truckin!

Mike

Old 07-14-2006, 08:38 PM

I dont care if my arms and legs get cut off. I will still try riding a bike.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 PM

post pics[&:]
ORIGINAL: DThompson

I dont care if my arms and legs get cut off. I will still try riding a bike.