Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stolen bikes in Houston...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen bikes in Houston...

So I come home from work Wednesday at lunch to put my leftovers in the fridge so I dont forget them and my garage door is wide open and there's no bikes in it...

2005 Custom f4i and my best friend Paul's white 600RR 07 are gone.

F4i's plate says SQUIDY and i dont know what the RR's is yet.

VIN#'s are
f4i
JH2PC35005M600699
600RR
JH2PC40057M011292

PIX

Name:  42608028.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  fh0000243_223.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  72.4 KB

Since then... I've called up insurance *I learned my lesson from the 08 getting stolen I have full coverage now. I just know they wont cover half of what it was worth =\ Luckily my friend Paul has full coverage too.

Been talking to Progressive and already finished all the paperwork and handed it in. Chris my adjuster said he would have a settlement ready sometime mid next week and I really hope to get back on 2 wheels soon. I'm sooo pissed because I know it wont be near what it's worth to me or even dollar wise it wont. But I'm hoping to be able to get a good bike with the money I get.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 AM

thats horrible! I hope it works out in the best way possible for you, I would be soo pissed too

Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aw **** man. If you see her or find the mutts, lemme know. Still have a few acquaintances in H-town I think. If not, I'm good for a weekend in my old stomping grounds stomping a mudhole in some chumps back

Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Are you serious?? Didn't you already lose a CBR1000rr to ******** in Houston?? Wow, I couldn't imagine being stolen from a garage, i leave my bike outside year round and never worry about it.

Maybe you can purchase a large chain and bolt your bike frame to the garage while you aren't riding it. Your F4i should stick out in a crowd, tell everyone around you to look out for it.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:51 AM

dammmit roj, thats twice for you, What the **** ? i know your f4i cant go on the road with out bein noticed , your paint is very unique...i hope insurance atleast covers a real nice bike in its place. sorrry dog, this sucks...

Old 01-08-2010, 11:58 AM

also contact the DMV too... you can go there and put a Stop on the VIN on both bikes. If any one comes in to do anything with that frame, it throws up an instant Red Flag. It may be a while but that frame WILL turn up again

Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

With the new bike, place a grenade under the seat and wire a solenoid to pull the pin if the proper starting sequence is not followed. They should hang motorcycle thieves...or blow them up in the attempt.
Sorry about your bikes being stolen. I have been in your spot before. I got mine back. Good luck.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Normally against capital punishment, but in messing with another mans car or bike. Firing squad.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah geez man.. the luck.

What a bummer... glad to hear you had full coverage this time! Of course you won't get what it was worth.. but it must be some consolation.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. that is no good. I would be so pissed that they took them from my garage. Hope they can recover it still.

I had a friend in Cali who loved custom bikes and had one stolen from his garage. So inside his garage he built a cage he could put his bikes in. He used that black rough iron fence and welded it to make a full cage about 2 feet from the ceiling so if they tried to jack it again they could pick the cage up but only a few feet and no bike would get out. The lock was genious though. From standing view you would never know where to open it but if you look near the top of the cage there were two pins that you pulled out which allowed the fron piece to lay down like a ramp. Just a thought for you. lol can you imagine the looks on the guys face if he tried to jack you again and saw that. haha

Once again man sorry to hear that. Karma will come around though.

Quick Reply: Stolen bikes in Houston...