Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

State Of The Forum Address...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: State Of The Forum Address...

Oh and by the way WHOOOOOOHOOOO 1143 posts to date

Pretty anoying huh!!!!!!!!

* edit*
I meant annoying

See how easy that is!!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Kid and I had our differences and we hashed it out in the PM world.I was getting bent out of shape for some of the things he was doing and I finally realized it was a waste of our time to argue over things or text that is meaningless to me because it doesn't effect my daily life. Im not saying I will be a drone but I will speak my mind when needed and thats going to be it and I will drop it and not get into a pissing match over BS issues. I will hold ground on other issues though that do have merit. So now Kid and I are cool with each other but doesn't mean we won't disagree and voice our opinions about it. No worries here.

As for post counts: Im a firm believer in them. I don't post WHOOOHOOO 1000 posts or things like that. Post counts are a metering device to look at for the amount of time a person is on the site and how dedicated they are to it. I think it is wrong to double post to finish or correct your original message or to go to the new members section to post up "Welcome to the forum" time and time agian just to get a higher count (and Im not talking about pitsvtec either). I figure if they didn't matter why would we have them?

Also on the subject of controversy, I have seen alot of the threads locked lately because one or two people get butt hurt about things (content) of a thread. As in the real world such as tree huggers, enviromentalists, pita, naacp, mexicans for immagration and so many more whacko people out there,The MEN of this forum(as in Mods) fold to the whiners/complainers way to easy and lock it up. We try to post/start a new thread and it is removed. I on the other hand don't post or read the things that don't interest me (not to much really offends me) If I click on a thread I will look at who it is from and then read the replies before I click on the link (except for Rangers posts you just got to see what's next with his). But because I don't want to see two gerbils rolling around a cage in love doesn't mean Im going to respond to it by saying "How stupid is that" I just click out of it and go on my mary way. For those that don't like it sure, they can say it but it shouldn't be removed. Maybe we need a Men's room/lounge and easily offended people that sound off about offending content need to be banned from that area.

He likes me. He really likes me.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ He never said he likes you, just your posts are interesting

I agree that post count does mean something also, if a guy or girl has less then say 250 i dont have to listen to them because they dont matter

Whats wrong with a little drama now and then anyhow, or hell even a little fighting. If every time i came here and all that was talked about was bikes, or every ? was answered correctly and right away this place would be boring as hell.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:03 PM

My 4x4 forum took the counter off from under peoples names. You have to look at the persons profile to see it.

I like to see people with high counts cause I know they are active. Makes for a faster response from them and pm's cause they're probably on a lot.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

(and Im not talking about pitsvtec either)

mmm...I'll talk about her then...PIT! DON'T DO IT! HE'S ALL WRONG FOR YOU! I'M THE ONE YOU WANT! MARRY ME! [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 05-15-2008, 11:13 PM
RCR

I will tell you one thing I don't like about Ranger is that damn avitar[:@]I just woke up from swallowing my tounge from some seizure and I thought the farting one was bad

Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my best friends have been ******, you need an Off Topic section, There are lot of things happening out there, Humour/grief/, some just wanting to open up, issues that don't fit into the other catergories. If someones comments get to me, or whatever, I move on to another topic.
The writen word is very restrictive within the confines of a forum, so its easy to misinterpret whats trying to be put across. Where all bloody different, thats wot makes this place interesting.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:52 PM

WoW looks like a bunch of pointless non-sense for me to argue so instead Ill just throw this in here. FREEE POST!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Retired Moderator

I have seen alot of the threads locked lately because one or two people get butt hurt about things (content) of a thread. As in the real world such as tree huggers, enviromentalists, pita, naacp, mexicans for immagration and so many more whacko people out there,The MEN of this forum(as in Mods) fold to the whiners/complainers way to easy and lock it up. We try to post/start a new thread and it is removed.
I see it less like "folding to whiners" and more like doing what is best for the forum. All of us "men" see it the same way. Anarchy is for people who aspire to nothing. Anarchy is for people who have no imagination, or a weak mind. If you could see the mystical place where we dream up ways to "repress" our mengbers, you may have posted something entirely different. Walk a mile in another man's shoes before you make such clinical judgements. Your perspective may be limited by your knowledge of what we do here: responsibilty to sponsors, the amount of PM's we respond to, and the debates we have in the Moderator Section. If a fire gets started, we put it out. I would challenge you to find a forum as patient and forgiving as this one. If you do, I will give you a 10% off voucher for CBR Forummerchandise, and give you 50 CBR Forum points (both made up). Pm me if you want to have further discussions. Anyone that has PM'd me knows I am a fair a$$hole...

Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED. Sorry Voodoo as soon as i read your post, Monte Python jumped into my head and onto my keyboard

Quick Reply: State Of The Forum Address...