Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

State Of The Forum Address...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State Of The Forum Address...

Well I've gotten a handfull of PM's recently, I still can't think of why some people wnated to waste their time, but anyway...

Apparently some people think I'm a post-*****, and that all I care about is making a bagillion posts so I can feel important.

Does anyone mind if I address this right quick and maybe we can even share a discussion about it?

First - there are only 2 members on that, "Top 10 Posters" list ------------>
that have been here since before 2006. I joined in 2006 meaning the other 7 people on that list MUST be post ****** too, considering we all joined in the same year (some a few months apart).

Second - I spend a lot of time on here. It's no secret. I have only been working part-time for almost a year now so I could try and explore other things (lots of online selling). That means I've got a lot of time in font of my PC, and subsequently, I'm logged in often.

Third - Not trying to pat myself on the back, but I offer a TON of help around here and if some of you naysayers would ever venture outside of the, "Off-Topic" section you might see that. Like I said, not tooting my own horn I just enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems - that's why I'm really trying to get my **** together to open my own shop. I want to bring back REAL customer service and a friend at the local shop. I've had 5 different CBR's in my day so that means I generally spend time in each of those forums trying to help, plus the, "General Tech" section.

Fourth - I post sometimes when it would be easier to edit my previous post but apparently I'm, "controversial." Wether or not that's my goal, that's how it is. SOOO, in an effort to not have my words taken out of context I choose to post a second time in avoidance of the dreaded, "post edited" thingy atthe bottom. Yes, it is ultimately to satisfy my own ego but I do like being able to say, "that's what I said and that's not what I said."

Fifth - Sometimes I need a hand. 'Nuff said.

So I guess that's pretty much every reason why I may have a handfull of posts (big whoopie). I would actually find it amusing if my post count was reset. Makes no difference to me because chances are it'll be up there again because when I want to say something or offer some help, I'm going to.

Soooooo - anyone else have any confessions?

I must confess, I'm a CBRF addict. I used to check the national headlines/stories, then local, then the days weather, THEN CBRF. Now it's straight here...

I love you guys... Nah **** that - you're all a bunch of gheys and I'm not the least bit attracted to DDCavi now or ever. Okay maybe if he got back down to his, "fighting weight," [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Discuss? I don't know that there is much of a topic but hey, I'm bored.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: State Of The Forum Address...

its funny you bring this up because last night i seen all the threads you started and were posting in and the first thing that popped in my head was man hes a postwhore but it dont bother me none do what you do brother

Old 05-15-2008, 12:43 PM

Name:  oh_noes-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  14.1 KB

Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

Maybe it's because 5 of the 14 topics on the first page were all started by you (35.7%) in the last few days. Maybe it's cause usually your post is a blatant andviscious jab atother membersand some people are sick of the drama you are constantly trying to create. Or it could be because we all get that there are certain member(s) of this forum you are opposed to, and don't really care to hear anymore about it. Let's go off the assumption that I'm not speaking on behalf of myself, but just throwin some ideas out there...but what do I know, I'm just a simple CBR addict.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 PM

I say do what you got to do man. I will say that you are a bit harsh at times, but we all are and have been at some point. I think some just take things to heart more then others and don't realize that this is an on-line forum and at the end of the day we all go home and have are own lives to live and it really don't matter what poeple on -line think of us. I myself just post what I think it right or want to say and if someone likes it then good if not then no biggie.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:50 PM

The "posting a bunch of times in a row" thing... I get why you do it, but it is annoying (to me). I just edit my own posts a lot, keeping my thoughts in one big "block"... but then again, I don't get "into" the drama threads typically. If there was an issue where there could be something controversial in nature (IE discussing a person, a thing that happened, general off topic stuff usually), then I could be more persuaded to understand back to back posting to keep the "edit" words away... but I have a harder time thinking that's needed on the advice threads on technical matters... whether it be you giving advice, or asking for it.

I too am an CBRF addict... so I feel ya. I often spend more hours on here during the day than actually working. I've never cared, before this forum, to stick around... and cared even less to actual put in my own time and effort to help others (IE, my how-to's) and share my experiences (Like the adventures thread). Now... I've actually broken a thousand posts where I felt like putting in my thoughts for someone else to read... and think they actually cared about what I had to say. (That's a rare thing to find on a forum... at least that I've seen)

I think you're a cool guy, and with Drama as it goes... I see why you chose to cover your A$$... but sometimes I think it's excessive.

Yay boredom!

<edit> Just because I wanted the "edit" thingie at the bottom!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Daym, I kinda knew that you were a postwhore but now it sounds like it's a serious condition! I try and throw my .02 in anywhere reasonable just like you so I don't see the big deal. Sounds like some negative people just don't like salt in their wounds or something so all I have to say is that ...

[sm=idontcare.gif]

This is a discussion fourm, what do you (people in general) expect?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Those topics could have easily been buried in a half day in the off-topic section...

Seems like people are having some good fun in those threads, call me crazy. I see a whole lot of generalization in your post and I'm not going to defend it. I don't need to as I think I've explained myself ad nauseum.

I might find myself a bit of an Eore, if it was your way, Shortbuss...

"Nobody loves me."

Bah, whatever, apparently you wanted to get a bit off your chest as I don't really see how someone calling me a post-***** has anything to do with "her", lol.

Seriously, can we please get off "her", 'cause uh, I just did. HAHAHAHAHA, ROFLMAO, is that what you're talking about? "Blatant jab?"

Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Like I said, not tooting my own horn I just enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems

Soooooo - anyone else have any confessions?

Dear problem solver,
Sometimes after doing the necessary I have to flush 3 times, twice for the bulk and once for the remainder. I do hear a strong "baawooosh" sound so I think there's enough force. There's a water shortage here, should I feel guilty? Is there a cheap and easy fix?

Sincerely,
Flushed in Atlanta

Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Those topics could have easily been buried in a half day in the off-topic section...

Seems like people are having some good fun in those threads, call me crazy. I see a whole lot of generalization in your post and I'm not going to defend it. I don't need to as I think I've explained myself ad nauseum.

I might find myself a bit of an Eore, if it was your way, Shortbuss...

"Nobody loves me."

Bah, whatever, apparently you wanted to get a bit off your chest as I don't really see how someone calling me a post-***** has anything to do with "her", lol.

Seriously, can we please get off "her", 'cause uh, I just did. HAHAHAHAHA, ROFLMAO, is that what you're talking about? "Blatant jab?"

First, let me say that I'm honored your 3500th post was addressed to me.

Second, let me say that I don't care how many times somebody posts in this forum, the only thing that annoys me about you is how stand-offish you are with anybody that doesn't see eye to eye with you. Building upon that idea, you strike me as incredibly full of yourself and overly cocky. Finally, I hate your avatar because it is blurry and nobody can tell what the hell is going on in it. And thus ends my generalizations.

Quick Reply: State Of The Forum Address...