Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Squidentines day!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squidentines day!

Hey All,

So first off I think Valentines day is about the dumbest holiday ever (just don't tell my g/f I said that). There are a few buddies I ride with and we often times joke about being squids even though we are far from the true meaning of the word. Regardless, we have invented squidentines day. It's similar to Valentines day in that it's made up and has no real significance. There actually isn't even an exact date for Squidentines day - so far in 08 there have been two squidentines days. What it boils down to is we buy something either very cool or very dumb / squiddy (like keychains, decals, etc) and give them to our other "squiddy" buddies.

So far this year I have received:

sweet new top and bottom cover to my zumo
Clymer f4i manual

So far this year I have given:

nothing... but it's ok because squidentines day three will come soon and i'll get my buddies some sweet squiddy helmet mohawks or something :-)

just thought I'd share, and promote the greatest holiday of them all, Squidentines day. [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Default RE: Squidentines day!

I love the idea!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Retired Moderator

Just don't get your buddies any assless chaps or we will start to wonder aboutyou...

Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Just don't get your buddies any assless chaps or we will start to wonder aboutyou...
gross.

I'm really not sure what to get for my buddies, one of them has a gixxr 650 and one just got a brand new vtx1800 - I do like the mohawk helmet idea but that's kinda pricey and really extremely dumb so I might just get them a small tool set or something to keep in the bike, or a leatherman or something.

Squidentines day is the best.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 PM

WOW! you guy need to spend more time riding and less time talking LOL! Are you sure your buddy has a GSX-R 650? I have never heard of that bike.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

WOW! you guy need to spend more time riding and less time talking LOL! Are you sure your buddy has a GSX-R 650? I have never heard of that bike.
sorry - gsx-r 600, just a typo (or I was thinking about another buddy who has a sv-650)

Riding sucks when it's snowy, icy, and under 30 degrees so we don't ride too much in the winter months :-( Although we also have chatterboxes so we ride AND talk when the weather is nice!