Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Squid on TV...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Squid on TV...

you know...he said he had previous riding experience...
just like many guys say "i've ridden dirt bikes, quads, etc."
and accidental rev of throttle or too much clutch, etc...
panic sets in...no experience to counter the panic with just simple clutch in or gas off...noob rider instinct sets in...eyes close...hands let go of bars and come together in prayer position...then crash...

all noobs getting on bikes should watch this...don't DO what your instinct tells you to do...do what experience tells you to do...oh wait...don't have any yet...

Old 03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think he's muscular and hot...and crashed on purpose just so he can take off his shirt and show his breasts.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

i think he's muscular and hot...and crashed on purpose just so he can take off his shirt and show his breasts.
That creeped me out some...lol

Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Yeah, TahoeSC but some people aren't idiots and wouldn't do rev it like that and put themselves in that kind of position anyways. I've come around a few tight and slow corners with some slick spots or a little gravel and had the tail slide around the corner a little faster than the rest of the bike, but I didnt dump it, panic didn't even settle in, I actualy got a little excited and rode it out fine. I think part of the reason people panic is that they are so afraid to lay the bike down that they panic even when minor things happen and they overcompensate by closing the throttle or braking too hard on the rear brake, ect, and that it just makes it worse.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aired 2 days ago and 43,939 people have viewed it. Isn't the Internet amazing!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Yeah. I noticed when I slow-motioned thrue the wreck on my TV.. The dude never let go of the bars until the bike hit the ground. I could've swore I saw his head hit pavement. But I never saw any blood.He's lucky he didn't get some nice tender hamburger meat from that spill. I though he was going to hit that tractor before he lost it in that slide. Should teach him not to dump the clutch when you're leaned over. If he was up straight he could've done a nice wheelie to show-off. He's an *** anyways for having no gear on.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM

[sm=laughat.gif] that was great!

Old 03-10-2007, 03:46 AM

Hey Im fairly new to riding. All yall say he dumped the clutch? What exactly did he do. To me it just looked like he reved to high let out the clutch and then the back end whipped around.
Regardless it made him look like a complete idiot and i am already not a fan of the show.

also someone said they hit some gravel in a turn and just rode it out. I was riding last night and i hit some sand i started to drift practically like i do in my car. with the back tiresliding.**** was nuts but i just rolled off the throttle a little and got it back under control.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To me it just looked like he revved to high too let out the clutch.
thatIS dumping the clutch. If your leaning at all, you get that squid. If straight either a wheelie or a burnout(or over-wheelie onto your head).

Old 03-10-2007, 04:26 AM

Dumping the clutch is letting the clutch out quickly to do a tirck, there is no real techinque to do it, if you're in a car dumping the clutch can be revving the car to 3k rpms and quickly releasing the clutch, or you can drop it, and slide ur foot to the left or right. Either way, when you dump the clutch, you let it out quicker than you would while normaly riding.

Quick Reply: Squid on TV...