Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

squid at track day

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squid at track day

SOoooo i had a track day yesterday. i was having a blast. I was on my first stint dragging me knee in every corner got really comfortable with the track ( i rememberd 90 percent of it from last time) http://www.thunderhill.com/html/trackmap.html theres a map so you know what i am talking about in my stories..... i am coming off the straight finding my brake point for turn one and i enter it look down at my speedo and im going 130, scared myself haha ino some people that go faster everytime they take that turn but im not them haha. so i think to myself im going to pit bcuz i am getting to comfortable, dont wanna ride like this my first stint. as i am going into turn 11 (the only banked turn on the track) i felt low, but thought i could go lower... seems how it was banked, and i was going about 50mph. well i think with the combination of me pushing it too low, and the tire pressure to high ( i had it at 32, i forgot to set it at 26front 25rear). i lowsided slide about 40 feet my bike broke my fall stood her back up with a big grin on my face bcuz at first glance i knew she was fine.

Now to the squid. I was between turn 9-10 on a straight, i was turning into apex the turn and BANG a ****ing a hole passes me on the inside rips my cluthc lever, 1/3 of his tail flys off , i recover form a very violent wobble ( was going about 90 at the time) i was sooo f'n pissed i pitted found someone taht was behind me when it happend said it was a gixxer with aftermarket chrome pipe, i saw he was on a gixxer and remembered his helmet, i went up to the guy and bitched at him, he than said it was my fault and i asked him how that was seems how he passed me... he than said it wasnt its just racing.... i told him that no xcuse to cut that close... i had to pay a guy 60 bucks to weld my clucth lever back togther... i was pissed. so whatch out for gixxers on the track.

haha i have been passed countless times by very skilled riders. they pass me with 3 ft of clearance and than go right back on the race line.... this guy needs to take lessons from them.

ill try and find the website with the pics, they said it might take a few days to post. i hope they get a pic of me lowsiding ahaha so i can laugh at myself.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: squid at track day

lol all this makes me nervous to try any track days [&o]

Old 03-18-2008, 06:58 PM

Are there no workes there that keep track of wrecks and who's fault it is?

Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 PM

they have flagers... i idk about keeping track of whose fault it is.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Damn sounds kinda scary...I hope to get at least 1 track day in this summer

Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

they have flagers... i idk about keeping track of whose fault it is.
Should have grabbed one of those flags and shoved it up his ***.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Banned

Sounds like a blast! I am anticipating my first track daylocally in June.

Sucks about the d*ck on the gixxer. Hope the ***** doesnt hurt someone out there.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:37 AM

Never fails, always gotta be 1.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:19 AM

Well sounds like an ol'right time other than the accident that could have been much worse. I've never had a track day yet...yet. Have you gone thru any special training to get on the track or can you go on if you have X amount of money?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

GSXR makes on hell of a factory racing bike so I dunno where that comes from...

Too bad you got nailed, unfortunately it happens, you only hope that when it does the, "offender" would be a little more apologetic.

Now, if it was in fact a race then you need to toughen up!

I know it wasn't a race, just pokin' ya!

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Quick Reply: squid at track day