Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

spring must be in the air.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spring must be in the air.....

lately here in MD we've been having some off the wall weather. one day it'll be in the 30's and snowing, and two days later its in the 70's! w/the warm days getting more frequent, im starting to see all the local sportbike riders coming out of the woodworks.well today was a 60deg or so day, and i found out that a local rider (i dont know him personaly) was killed on a bridge near my house. a minivan crossed the center line and struck him, throwing him off the bike and underneath a pickup truck. he died from his injuries and the medivac was called off. i found out this afternoon that he had just gotten the bike (a RR....thats all i know) and went to school w/ a friend of mine, and another friend of mine apperantly knew him pretty well. i crossed that bridge this afternoon while out riding and it was just freaky to see the painted lines from the crash investigation. you could see the lines that they marked for the minivan and there was a circle (sadly, the size of a body) right across the center line.

well they are planning a group ride to his funeral, so i'll def. tag along. didnt know the guy at all, but i'll show my respects and ride.

i LOVE meeting new people that ride, but at the same time......each person i meet and exchange numbers w/......makes me worry every time i hear of a local bike accident. it seems the more people i meet, the more i worry when i hear of a local accident, asking what kind/color bike and what not.

spring is approaching and more people are getting out there, be safe everybody.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spring must be in the air.....

Yeah, sportbiking is dangerous no matter how you look at it. You can be as safe as you want...can't control your surroundings.

On a better note, I can't F**king wait to get pounding on some pavement with my Widow Maker! I miss the rush so bad, snowmobile trails just don't touch riding a bike.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 AM

RIP

Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM

what...?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM

The weather has been up and down here too on Ohio, but I have not been able to get the bike out. It's at my mom's house in a shed in the back yard and the yard has been way to muddy to get the bike across to get it to my new house.

That sucks to hear about that guy dieing, but he might have been killed or badly hurt in that accident even if he was in a vehicle.

We take a risk every time we get on that bike and pullout of the drive way,but I feel the rewards are ten fold. Please just keep it safe and have fun.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM

UPDATE

so apperantly (heard it on the news this morning) thre was debris on the bridge and traffic was slowing. he (i have to assume) wasnt paying attention and rearended the van.......throwing him off the bike and into oncoming traffic being struck by the pickup.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM

F**k winter. I was hoping I'd be up more often. The thaws seem to be quite a few weeks apart now. I miss riding in the warm.

Let's not forget the looks you get when you are walking past hotties all geared up. [8D]

Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who died?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: letsride

Who died?
a local motorcycle rider. i know no one on here knows him. just stating that its evident that spring is near. weather is slowly getting nicer and here is the 1st accident, sadly of many to come.

be safe everyone.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 PM

mmmm...yeah, nothing like spring showers and casket flowers. Jay, when you grow up, you're gonna be the guy that teaches driver's ed, sitting in the back of the class with a sparkle in his eye as he shows gruesome slides of accident scenes. Then, after the girls stop crying and the boys finish vomiting, you'll say: "Have a great day, drive safe everyone!" lol

Quick Reply: spring must be in the air.....