Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sportbikes are WORSE?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sportbikes are WORSE?!

You mean Pagan?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM

I grew up with the Pagans, Dad rode with them but never joined--greatest people alive. They would go out of their way to help a stranded motorist, little old ladies, kids, animals, whatever. Most would grow their hair all year long so they could donate it to Locks of Love for cancer kids, they did Toys for Tots rides every x-mas, and even after they hadn't seen me for 10 years, I randomly had two come up to me in a bar to keep some rednecks from stomping me "Hey, you're Joes kid, TrackRat (so named cause I was a little ratty kid running around the dragstrip they frequented oh so long ago), right? Don't worry about nothin" Good people, through and through. Don't believe anything you hear, and only about half of what you see. On the flip side of that coin, woe to the person who crosses one, because you are actually crossing them ALL...I did see some really messed up ****, but none of it was undeserved or unprovoked. My $.02

Old 10-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Do they worship multiple gods and make scarifices?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Harleys dont do interstate wheelies and pass cars at 170mph. Our bikes are badass and the public knows. I don't know if one of us bikers has a worse name then the other though, i think all bikers have a bed rep.
You can prove this?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:22 PM

I think the attitude towards sport bike riders will change in the near future because this sport is getting much bigger. And the harley world is going to keep shrinking because why would an intelligent person that has no particular fascination with any brand or make in particular pick a harley over a jap bike? People still buy harley's because of the name, but kids growing up will be hearing more about sportbikes being awesome and they will grow up riding them eventually.

Not to mention there is a big group of harley guys that are making the move to jap bikes because harleys just don't have any benefit other then being a harley. I talked to a guy I met on a zx-12 that was in his 40's and use to be a harley guy. He made the switch because harley people judge you and your bike by how much money you dumped into it instead of how it performs or how good of a rider you are.

If you never heard of any kind of motorcycle brand or anything and you went to buy a bike purely on performance and value, you would never ever come close to buying a harley.

I didn't mean to go on a harley bashing tangent, but I've had to many dousche's riding air cooled, carbed, overheat-in-trafficharleys talk **** on how sportbikes suck. And the best reason they've ever come up with is that its not american made.... then they proceed to drive off in their jap car.

There are cool people that ride harley's too. Not everyone on a harley runs their mouth. It just seems like the ones that don't ride very often and only bought the harley for the name talk ****. The ones that ride them every day are general cool and don't care what ya ride as long as its two wheels.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

simple all you described the general public never sees, but the see m.r squido doin his wheelie past them @ 100mph. Or illegaly lane splitting (unless you live in Cali) Thats why n how. Thanks to TV the old Hells Angels image of HD riders has faded away to prepies, lawyers, and doctors riding them. YaY American Chooper huh?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, Lord Jersey...

sorry, wasnt trying to pin a bad name on them or anything like that....just stating what the guy told me. but i've heard those things from other people that ride (and know the "Pagans"). maybe its different in each state.......idk. but in MD they hate each other and like i said....SWAT was called to diffuse a potential fight between the two groups at a local "blessing of the bikes".

Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

No apology neccessary. Just wanted to clear air a bit about the whole situation.
LJ

Old 10-05-2007, 10:56 PM

There's a guy across from me that has been riding since 1954 and nothing but Harley. He remembers the time when cruisers looked away from sports. He just laughes about it now. He goes to bike rallies and says there's all kinds of bikes and people tend to get along now.

I do not its not cool to wear a helmet. Its funny they make commercials about people not seeing them, but they cant wear a helmet. I'd like to see them make a commercial with people that have bashed in skulls. "I'm..........soooooo......luccckkccccyyy........t tttttttotooo....beeee.....alliivvveee.........aghh hhhhhhhhhh....

Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: halik008

bikers do not endanger other motorists..... squids on sportbikes do.
Guns don't shoot people, Dick Cheney shoots people.

Quick Reply: sportbikes are WORSE?!