Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Split personality disorder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Split personality disorder?

yeah i think i definitely have suppressed anger issues that i work out in training. if i didnt have that and riding i'd be pretty bad off

Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

I will expose myself as I go [8D]
I personally think it is not easy to hang a specific tag on myself as far as my alter ego goes because like many guys I recon I have quite a few ....

Firstly

Two distinct conditions are mentioned in rider0033 original post..
I think this topic should be explained a little first, as many other conditions are similar but have rather different consequences..

By definituion...

Split Personality: is a relatively rare dissociative disorder in which the usual integrity of the personality breaks down and two or more independent personalities emerge.
Some people that think they have a split personality are only suffering from a personality imbalace , bought on by issue's around them , their emotions and certain situations that they find harder to deal with than others perhaps ...

An alter ego is... ( a little bit of reading if you are interested )
a second self, a second personality or persona within a person. It was coined in the early nineteenth century when schizophrenia was first described by early psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

I feel as far as myself goes, that I, like many people display a touch of each of the 2 main mentioned conditions in the first post, without them being that bad as to be classed as an actual disorder, or bad enough to require most and in this case myself to go and have it officially diagnosed ...

Original : Dluv35
Sorry. I guess I have a little of something. When I am with a customer, I become whoever they suggest I should be to make them comfortable. Got to get that SALE!!

Dluv35
sums up a classic example that I know I am guilty of each and every day ..
I think anyone that deals with the public in any service industry displays this sort of split personality cross alter ego , most without realizing that they perhaps could be seen to have a disorder by an observer..

Original : rider0033
yeah i think i definitely have suppressed anger issues that i work out in training. if i didnt have that and riding i'd be pretty bad off
Its called blowing off steam ... for what ever the reason ??

The same as rider rider0033, I also think that I like many have this to some degree.
If you ever do your nut over something simple, like I tend to do on occasion, ok quite often :-) you are revealing a type of split personality.... we these days hang the tag " Anger issues " on it, needing anger management treatment.. [8D]
but if this was the case in every instance of bad temper ..we all would be in theraphy ..

As biker myself for a long time, I have found that near all of us have bigger than normal Egos..

I know of not too many, that do not turn into a slightly different person, once they mount their ride ( One of our alter ego's takes over us... )

Alter egos are not disorders literally...
A separate disorder, may effect the type of alter ego that we present or display at any given time ...
but in any case......
We all have them to some degree. It is part of being human... ( adapt or die )
They are part of us.
It is documented that they can be designed deliberately by ourselves to suit a specific situation... and still not be classed as a disorder...

Over Confidents - sometimes can be said of myself as a negative..
My misses has told me quite a few times that I am an egotistical maniac in near all the things I do, at work and in private life, mainly because of the way that I display a very confident attitude, in nearly everything I do...

I get angry in one second flat
I can be cocky
I can be impatient
I can be obnoxious

Any of this sound familiar guys ....?? Are these disorders ...?? or just us ??

I am sure that I suffer from all of the above and possibly more at some level
Jesus! We just wanted to have a simple conversation, not a psychology lesson!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JDubb just opened the door, Shoortbuss, can't blame CBRClassic for walking through it-
Most people have, shall we call them "flashes" be they temper, intolerance, over-indulgence, sometimes brought on by stress.......I've had them, I know. Nothing unusual about them.
New Topic suggestion : Ask the Doctor........

Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM

There are also a two more...
1.- Bipolar.
2.- Just haveing a bad day...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

There are also a two more...
1.- Bipolar.
2.- Just haveing a bad day...

i do know about bipolar and trust me compared to that i just have bad days.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:31 PM

I will expose myself as I go [8D]
I personally think it is not easy to hang a specific tag on myself as far as my alter ego goes because like many guys I recon I have quite a few ....

Firstly

Two distinct conditions are mentioned in rider0033 original post..
I think this topic should be explained a little first, as many other conditions are similar but have rather different consequences..

By definituion...

Split Personality: is a relatively rare dissociative disorder in which the usual integrity of the personality breaks down and two or more independent personalities emerge.
Some people that think they have a split personality are only suffering from a personality imbalace , bought on by issue's around them , their emotions and certain situations that they find harder to deal with than others perhaps ...

An alter ego is... ( a little bit of reading if you are interested )
a second self, a second personality or persona within a person. It was coined in the early nineteenth century when schizophrenia was first described by early psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

I feel as far as myself goes, that I, like many people display a touch of each of the 2 main mentioned conditions in the first post, without them being that bad as to be classed as an actual disorder, or bad enough to require most and in this case myself to go and have it officially diagnosed ...

Original : Dluv35
Sorry. I guess I have a little of something. When I am with a customer, I become whoever they suggest I should be to make them comfortable. Got to get that SALE!!

Dluv35
sums up a classic example that I know I am guilty of each and every day ..
I think anyone that deals with the public in any service industry displays this sort of split personality cross alter ego , most without realizing that they perhaps could be seen to have a disorder by an observer..

Original : rider0033
Its called blowing off steam ... for what ever the reason ??

The same as rider rider0033, I also think that I like many have this to some degree.
If you ever do your nut over something simple, like I tend to do on occasion, ok quite often :-) you are revealing a type of split personality.... we these days hang the tag " Anger issues " on it, needing anger management treatment.. [8D]
but if this was the case in every instance of bad temper ..we all would be in theraphy ..

As biker myself for a long time, I have found that near all of us have bigger than normal Egos..

I know of not too many, that do not turn into a slightly different person, once they mount their ride ( One of our alter ego's takes over us... )

Alter egos are not disorders literally...
A separate disorder, may effect the type of alter ego that we present or display at any given time ...
but in any case......
We all have them to some degree. It is part of being human... ( adapt or die )
They are part of us.
It is documented that they can be designed deliberately by ourselves to suit a specific situation... and still not be classed as a disorder...

Over Confidents - sometimes can be said of myself as a negative..
My misses has told me quite a few times that I am an egotistical maniac in near all the things I do, at work and in private life, mainly because of the way that I display a very confident attitude, in nearly everything I do...

I get angry in one second flat
I can be cocky
I can be impatient
I can be obnoxious

Any of this sound familiar guys ....?? Are these disorders ...?? or just us ??

I am sure that I suffer from all of the above and possibly more at some level
not bashing you anymore old guy i do appreciate the info. i guess we all have a taste of each demon and angel in us. but that was a little lengthy

Old 09-10-2008, 03:28 PM

Glad you appreciated my lengthy reply..
This subject is covered in volumes normally because it does describe the human condition some what .....

Bashing me rider0033 ??
narrrr...I love a good debate mate ... I always have .. anytime
I have skin as thick a freakin leather that nothing that happens on any forum will ever get through ..

glad your old thick skin can take a lot lol j/k but i dont think you want shoortbuss as a nemesis also. he locks himself in a thinking tank at night to ponder how to destroy his nemesis

Quick Reply: Split personality disorder?