Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Spider bite. Should i be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spider bite. Should i be worried?

Well. I knew on sunday i had got bitten by something as i awoke with stinging pain in my foot. I looked down and there was this little hole with some rash around it. I figured damn spiders and went back to sleep. well today i killed some weird looking brown spider and figured he was the culprate. i think it was a wolf spider. Well when i got out of the shower tonight i noticed the hole had grown quite a lot since the bite. and there is still some weird rash around it.

What do you think? Let it go. or go see a doctor. I just dont feel like losing my foot right now. thats the last thing i need.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:45 AM

You don't live next to a nuclear power plant do ya? Can ya feel yur spider senses tingling? Better get it checked out Spidey. Those red lines and rash don't look good.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
December 2011 ROTM

Get to a doctor soon.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE

Actually, you accidently get into some acid recentlly or a shipment of bananas? I can't think of anything around that cold *** area that would pack that kind of punch.

Update!!!

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spide...article_em.htm

You may wanna fire up the sled and go for a rip to the Hospital to make sure it's not this!

Last edited by Northernfirepower; 03-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

Unfortunately the spider i caught was is believed to be a brown recluse. we have them that in live in the houses. And if they get under your sheets and feel they are at risk they will bite you. and I hear they pack a mean bite. This morning i just feel awful. like I got hit by a bus..muscle aces, headache. Horrible chills. So I am gonna roll to the doctor in about an hour and a half. as long as i can get some one to drive me. I was starting to get so worried I actually took 3mg of Xanax so I can hopefully settle down about it.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM

The xanax will keep you down, but that bite sounds pretty damn serious if that's a brown recluse! Their venom works as a local flesh/organic killer, if left untreated that's when you start loosing a foot or worst. Never knew anything about these, but its sure as hell good to know! Too bad you had to get bitten to make me aware LOL

You sure have some awesome luck man!

Last edited by Northernfirepower; 03-26-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:42 PM

doctor a.s.a.p. My father had a friend who died from a brown recluse bite.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a guy that lost a thumb from a brown recluse. Go see a doctor now!!! the venom works from the inside out i believe

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

the Venom form the Brown recluse rot's your skin away and will never come back so get to the doctor ASAP my GF got bit by one and we were lucky enough to go to the doctor that same day and they saw it and with the meds it never rotted anything away.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 PM

Do they just do antibiotics? I dont really feel like going throuh IV. but im down to do whatever saves my foot..or life ha. Im leaving to the doctor in about 10 minutes. as soon as my ride gets here. I will post up as soon as i get back with the news.

Quick Reply: Spider bite. Should i be worried?