Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Speeding Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Tickets?

In honor of my very first speeding ticket on the bike today I wanted to ask how many tickets you all have gotten ON YOUR BIKES. Don't count the ones you got in your car or on the boat... just on the bike.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Speeding Tickets?

ve had one on my bike for doing a wheelie,the ***** wrote mee up for reckless driving.it was2 points and 1100.00...made my insurance go up 100.00 on my truck...
i do not understand why if u get a point on your record for speeding in your car or your bike they are combined on your record...u do not get your m1 and class c license on the same test...they should be differant driving records...that my .02 cents

Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 PM

We are in the middle of a huge speeding crackdown. They even spent tax payer money to put up a **** load of new signs to warn people about speeding. So because of that I follow the speed limit pretty close. If Im in the need for a little speed Ill head out to a few spots I like that have little or no traffic. Ill ride through doing the speed limit scouting for cops then turn aroundand cruse back through with a little speed. I dont want any speeding tickets! Butif I get one I deserve it.[&:]

Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM

I've gotten 2 on my bike but 57 (not a typo)in my cars. On the bike no mirrors and speeding 85 in a 55. If I try to name all the ones in the cars I'd be here all day.
I've noticed a couple of things in the time I've been on the road. 1) I get treated differently on the bike than in the car. 2) Cops are people (some of them)too. 3) I've been pulled over in my car for no f**kin reason and gotten tickets. 4) I've been pulled over doin double over on the bikeand didn't get ****.
I guess some cops just don't appreciate my driving technique.And I've lost count how many different times I've gotten stopped but I would assume it's real close to triple digits.

Edit: Not all the tickets in my cars were speeders.Maybe 13-14 speeders at the most including the one on the bike.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've received NONE...2 warnings, with the first one being their mistake as the po po was looking for someone else.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

I'm not going to answer so as not to jinx myself.

I'm sure you can come to a conclusion fron that!

Oh and uh - doesn't matter which record they apply the offense to - it's all the same social security number holmes! Of course it's going to affect every part of your driving priviledge.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM

MAYBE SO BUT IT STILL SUCKS[:'(]

Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gotten 2 tickets on the bike... one BS ticket by a ******** cop with a hard on for sportbikes... said we ran a red light that never was red, but rather a fresh yellow that had just turned yellow right before I entered the interesection (going the speed limit). Total douchebag! 2nd was by FHP on the t-pike, which I actually got super lucky! I was going up to Orlando (about 3 1/2 hr ride), and running very late so I was doing 130 consistantly since I left my house. Got about 70 miles, and finally had to slow down to 90 cuz of a car in front of me. Might then I saw the lights in the mirror[:-] I didn't know how long he was behind me or where he radar'd me at since I never saw him, so first thing I thought was "oh **** I'm going to jail!". But I'm not a runner, so I pull over. Dude was really nice, just said "yea I had you going a little fast back there... 90 in a 70". I stood there and looked around for a second, and thought to myself.. "OH.. that's it?" LOL. Then he said it would be a $200 ticket for that speed, so he dropped it down to 79 in a 70... $80 ticket. PHEW!

I've been quite lucky though... I guess being courteous helps a bit! When I first started riding, after I took the MSF but before I had my endorsement put on my license, I got pulled over on the highway, 90 in a 65 and no endorsement. He let me go! After the "you know I could take you to jail right now" lecture. He told me I'd have to have someone come pick the bike up, but then when he asked how long it would take for them to get here, he said "well I don't have time to wait around, so whatever you do after I leave is your business. But if I catch you out here again tonight you're going to jail!". OK! Then again back in January, I coming into a small town speed zone over a big huge bridge. Didn't realize the speed limit went from 65 to 35 right as you get onto the bridge. I was the sign farther down the bridge after the crest and slowed down to 35. Went by the popo didn't think I had done anything wrong, and he pulls out right behind us with the lights on. He asks me "you know why I pulled you over, right?" I said.. no not really. "I lasered you at 64 in a 35"... that's 29 over, and in FL anything 30+ over is an automatic mandatory court appearance. He was cool though, said "I could be a dick are write you and your buddies all tickets, but I'm not". Just told me to slow down coming into the small towns along this road, and said have a nice day. Then another time on the t-pike going to work... 88 in a 65, just gave me a warning said to slow it down a little. So yea, been pretty lucky as far as tickets go!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:59 PM

i dont know how many ive had but i do know i got one on monday in racine county WI in my work truck on I 94. 81 in a 65. 16 mph over = $235 ticket.A little outragous huh?

EDIT sorry not on my bike, A.D.D can be such a bitch!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM

i get more in my truck than i do on my bike.......go figure

Quick Reply: Speeding Tickets?