Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Speed Camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Camera

I keep reading in the news about all these towns getting or trying to get speed and redlight cameras. I have to say....I think its a money racket....... politicians just love to spend our money, however they can get it. Anyway has anyone been caught by one of these things yet? I drove thru a radar thing the other day that told me how fast I was going, it looked like it was permanently mounted there, I dont know if it had a camera or not. Luckily I wasnt speeding...LOL

Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Default RE: Speed Camera

that is why im keeping my paper plate on untill some one makes me take it off

Old 06-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

that is why im keeping my paper plate on untill some one makes me take it off
if its more than 30 days old thay cane write you a ticket for that too.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 AM

gotta have the james bond's lic plate and throw up the middle finger

na, anthem has a couple of perm radar's on poles but when you go over the posted speed limit it says "SLOW NOW" intill you go below the posted speed - then it will tell you your speed itself. (this is las vegas)
now in couer'd'alene, Idaho - we have a police trailered one that will be put if someone calls in and is like "people are speeding all the time" - this one seems to tell you HOW fast you go, which I LOVE muhaha - i try to see if i can get it over 100 but thankful for me - these also dont have onboard cameras that record jack-asses like me [8D]

i believe only cali, new york, and new jersey have stoplight and speeding cameras but to me this is entrapment - when a cop is using a radar, he has to be fully visible in sight (car or standing) when he is catching people. So for a stoplight to give a ticket to me is retarded. NOONE IS PERFECT IN LIFE, and to watched 24/7 365 - we are bound to screw up. I've blown a stop signal before, i've been over the speed limit (not knowing), so i should be seriously faulted for this?

I actually have to blow stop signals in Idaho because my bike is too light to trigger them (i've had 4 riding buddies with me too and all our weight combined couldnt trigger the light, we yield intill the road is safe for us to turn or go)

sorry to get off topic, but I call bullsh*t on this one... wont happen without a vote.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my dad got a red light camera ticket. its clearly him. we share the same name and same address. the ticket comes in my name with my drivers licence info. i goto court and tell the da that its not me explain the situation and they wont drop the ticket untill i can prove its not me. i ask them how they want me to do that , she says "what about the registration?" i tell her its in just Robert Miller (my dad is jr im the 3rd) then she says "well that is going to make things tough for you! so basically they issue me a ticket for something i didnt do and when i asked her how they got my information and not my dads she couldnt give me an answer ! seriously wtf ! its just a revenue game to them.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 AM

Guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. That happens too often in our American system

Old 06-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed camera's would suck - but let's be honest - the only reason they suck is that we all speed. I speed, you speed... we all speed. The only guy I know who says he doesn't speed used to speed and do even crazier **** than I've done.You might have some different laws there, but in all honesty there is nothing illegal about them here. The only reason we don't have them is that the public hates them, and we don't trust computers to do the police officers work.

Now - in my mind - speed cameras should be a double edged sword. Slow people down in towns, then increase the limit outside town. There is no reason the freeway should be limited to 65, or even 75. Where I ride luckily, there is so little traffic that the odds of finding a police car are next to 0... so the odds of getting a ticket are next to 0, and the odds of a speed camera are next to 0.

That being said - Red light cameras - bring the noice. I'd hate to get a ticket for it, but that's easy to avoid, stop for the damn light. It is nice to think that more people will be stopping for the red light, because when I have green it's less likely I'll be run over.

To me, speeding is a victimless crime when done in an appropriate place. I can't think of an appropriate place to run a red light. Nor can I think of an appropriate suburb to speed.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM

Right now we have them in Columbus Ohio and Cincinnatti is trying to get them (stoplight cams) People see a yellow light, see traffic on their a$$ and they instinctivly punch it to get thru, its safer than slamming on your brakes. But in Columbus, you get a ticket mailed to you for that move. Slam on the brakes and get slammed in the rear.....hey! its the other guys fault. sucks if your the other guy! LOL I dont know how we let this kind of thing happen in America?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM

I got a ticket in a 25 1 block from my house doing 37 at 1130 at night on a road no one does 25 on cause it's just ridiculous. I could have easily ran, but i didn't one reason i had a passenger

Old 06-29-2008, 08:39 AM

Is it just me? It seems like most posted speed limits are ridiculously slow when I'm on my bike, I mean painfully slow.....LOL
They seem just fine in my truck! LOL

Quick Reply: Speed Camera