Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Spark Plug Group Buy Over

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug Group Buy Over

Hey all,

I’ve been planning a group buy on NGK Iridium spark plugs so that we could all get a discount by buying a bunch of plugs at one time. I am going to need at least two set of plugsmyself,so I imagine that I’m not the only person out there that’s looking to tune up their bike this winter. So after talking with the people over at Sparkplugs.com, we worked out a plan that I think should work well. They are a sponsor of CBR forum.com20% if enough people participate. I have it all planned out and will be starting a thread in the “Group Buy” sectionsoon that spells out how the discount plan will work. You will need to interact with the “Group Buy” thread, so don’t think that this thread will involve you, I’m just checking to see that people wanna do this.

I’ll start the thread on Monday, (11/19/07) and after the thread starts, we have up to two weeks to get people together. After that, our determined discount will run for two weeks. It's spelled out better in the thread that I’ve written, but I just want to note that this will be time sensitive.

Once I start the thread, I’ll throw a link here: https://cbrforum.com/m_432987/mpage_.../tm.htm#432987

So let’s hear it, would you be willing to buy some plugs (NGK Iridium) for you bike/s in the next month?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gauging Interest on a Spark Plug Group Buy

What kind of price are we talking about here (Sorry - Haven't priced iridium spark plugs lately) - Any idea on shipping costs?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Shipping I'm not sure, but just go to www.sparkplugs.com and look up your bike (under NGK) and what ever the cost is there, it will be discounted by at least 10%. I called some auto parts stores in my area and their prices were crazy compaired to the website.

Here is a responce that they gave me about the plugs I need for my '03 F4i

We could arrange a 10% discount to start the group buy (10.53 per plug), 15% off for 10+ commitments (9.95 per plug) and 20% off for 20+ commitments (9.36 per plug).

Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 AM

i'm down...

do you think theres a possibility we can get spark plugs for cars too?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 AM

for my F3 plugs are priced at $7.32 -

NGKIX iridiumstk#6216 part#CR9EHIX-9...

Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 AM

Yeip, those are the same ones that I'll be needing also. When I get the other thread going, I'm going to ask that people respond much like NJ Ride did so that I can make sure that people are looking at the right plug.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM

IMR9A-9H iriduims for f4i's

Old 11-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Just a quick note here to answer some of the questions that have come up.
-the exact pricing that NorthernFirePower listed above were for the plugs for his particular bike. They take NGK's laser iridium series plugs that are usually around $12(on our site). Some of the CBRs take NGKs ix iridium series which is closer to $7.

-This group buy applies to any NGK iridium plug. The application, or iridium part number purchased doesn't matter. Therefore, if you want to purchase ngk iridium plugs for one of your vehicles as well, that is completely welcome.

-shipping costs are calculated at the time of checkout (prices for pulled live from UPS) for each address. If you want to know ahead of time what your shipping will be, just add to a shopping cart all the items you want to purchase, begin the checkout process, and the site will give you shipping before asking for credit card info.

-The group buy discount applies only to ngk iridium plugs, however, if you find other items on sparkplugs.com that you'd like to purchase, i'd wait until the end of the group buy and order them with your plugs to save yourself some shipping.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Bump, damn I thought this would take off right away.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM

You're too late. I bought some 2 months ago. [:@]

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Group Buy Over