Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sorry my CBRians

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry my CBRians

I would like to take this time to apologise for being a dick to a few of you in the last couple of weeks. I've lost track of exactly whom and how long ago, but this is my peace offering and sincerest apologies.

Some have asked if the winter's getting to me. The answer is no.

This is the time of year where I lost an uncle to suicide, my step mother to a heart condition and a very close friend to a snow boarding accident....this all took place in seperate but consecutive years with my stepmother as recent as Dec 2006.

I'm sorry that I've taken my anger out on some of you and I just want people to know or understand why I seem generally intolerant.

I'm not looking for sympathy...hell, you don't even have to post in this thread.

I'm just trying to get through this time and I really want you guys to understand it's nothing personal against any of you, ever.

I'm just deeply saddened by theloss of people I love and the pain is still very fresh....I mean I can't even type this without welling up.

I know it's part of life but when it happens three years in a row and all near the same time, ask yourself how you'd be feeling.

Everyone's different...some just let it ride and enjoy what they have...I, on the other hand,get sad and angry at something that's beyond my control but still somehow manage to appreciate life and all its beauty. Sounds contradictory, right? That's because it is.

So, brothers and sisters, I will try to be more respectful and courteous and on the bad days I will do my best to stay away.

Just know I am very sorry for the way I've spoken you some of you.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Sorry my CBRians

hey man, i don't think you have taken shots at me.......but we all have these minutes, days, hours, months, years....that affect us really bad....don't think you have to apologize to us here...heck, i feel like a lot of us are a wierd dysfunctional family and with that, we deal with attitudes at times (even though lately i have been sort of on edge)....

it's nice to know the reasoning behind your attitude lately (of which i cannot recall)...but you don't need to put it here, we understand...that being said...i am truly sorry for all your losses....it's bad enough to lose one....it's worse to lose another, and i can't even imagine to lose a third consecutively....my heartfelt thoughts go out to you in dealing with your losses...i hope you don't have to endure any more for a long time.....

just know, you always got people on this board to listen (i have seen some crazy life posts here, it's sort of cool to know you can do that if you need to)....and if not...you got a place to get away...

take care brother....the pain will ease with time....just don't know how long that is....

Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Retired Moderator

Bergs...you didn't have to give an explaination and you chose to anyhow. That speaks volumes. I think Ffingers said it already, but many of us have a rough time during the winter months. That is magnified even further by loss. My condolences to you! Chin up...

Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the tough times you are going through. - It was great getting to know you a bit more yesterday.

I understand your losses - I haven't had them daisy chain like that, but last Halloween, the guy I learned everything computer from at work was brutally beaten to death at a bar - yes in the dinky town of Grand Forks, North Dakota. - He was 38 years old and just getting his life back in order. - I have worked with him for 11 years, golfed, and bowled with him...

It's hard losing people you are close with (I'm sure this forum is filled with such stories)... - He gave me a lot of grief when I bought my bike about the risks and was very concerned about me. - Then a few short weeks later he's gone...

http://www.millelacscountytimes.com/.../13murder.html
http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=12561

Take care and make sure you appreciate those around you.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:56 PM

Men PMS too... No biggie

Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I had a grandmother pass away a while back. I was home one weekend from college, she was in the hospital for a while, and like an idiot I was going to go see her right before I left, but needless to say I got caught up in the rush, and told myself I would just go see her next time I went home. Well, that week my mom called with the news of her passing. I still kick myself when I think about that. I try to tell myself that she knows how much I cared, and that she is in a much better place, and pain free.

Like the others have said, it speaks very loudly as to the kind of person you are for apologizing for something that isn't all that necessary. It will take some time, it's only human. My hope for you is that it comes sooner that later. Take care.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the understanding.

I figured I had to put this out there regardless.

Yesterday was just not a good day and I know at least one member here beared the brunt of it.

I really don't like treating people like that and I know a couple weeks ago the same thing happened but it wasn't as bad....and perhaps there was one other time....I dunno.

It's just that it'sso hard to be stoic for my friends and family during these times while I myselfamswirling with emotions....actually it's more like a raging torrent of emotion.

It'sa delicate balance that I've always done and sometimes I slip and the result is, well, you already know.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

No worries Bergs!!! The fact that your able to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, show's just what kind of a person you are.

I personally dont think you need to explain anything. We all have our up's and down's. Places like this can be a form of release sometimes. I personally like seing some adversity at times. It adds a little spice to life. Your no fun if you just walk around trying to appeal to everyone.

Keep your chin up and carry on my friend. No love lost here!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 PM

Takes a real man to put it all out there like that! [sm=hail.gif]

Even to admit that you were"welling up"

Much respect man.

Hope thing get better for you.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 PM

sorry to hear about all the turmoil in your life and as you can see know one is pissed its ok to have a bad day, week, month hell i'm going on 9 months of misery, girlfriend of 4 years left me, lost my job and broke my leg in a 5 month period, if i learned anything from all of this its that god wont give you more than you can handle and you find out who your true friends are. I'm not tryin to get all religeous or anything thats just how i feel and what i believe, granted it would be alot better if i could go ride but that comes along with living in WI good luck to ya bergs and all the others that have more on their plate than they can handle it will all work out in the end. Now i'm gonna start taking some of my own advice and start thinking more positivly