Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sooo cold

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

super, thanks! I shall look forward to getting these, will make all the difference on those cold mornings of which there are plenty now!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have some really cold days already (20's) and I don't have bar warmers just the kilimajaros and I've yet to get off with numb fingers..what I would do is get them for a back up, but you should just always make sure you have a a nice tight grip on the bike..putting oversized sox might hinder that...

hawkwind: have you seen my kilimanjaros... they look like winter racing gloves padded all the way round with knuckle protectors.. they're pretty sweet!!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
hawkwind: have you seen my kilimanjaros... they look like winter racing gloves padded all the way round with knuckle protectors.. they're pretty sweet!!
Yeah they look good, especially for a winter glove, not too bulky.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Yeah they look good, especially for a winter glove, not too bulky.

hey love you sig line at the bottom.. I watch the whole thing, it was pretty good.. I kept rewinding a couple of spots
but again bbc did a good job.. I take it your a hawkwind fan..
its almost like being a deadhead in the states...

Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Yeah, long time Hawkwind fan, glad you enjoyed the vid.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM

Oh I'm deffo getting the kilimajaros but they are from the us of a so need to be shipped

Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM

There are some here in the UK FIRSTGEAR KILIMANJARO GLOVES BLACK | eBay

Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM

if you bought them from the us, that would be pretty funny.. I just looked inside them and of course they're made in china!!
you would always be able to say you bought gloves that traveled the world before you did!!

actually I want to add one last detail especially with ordering gloves... this is a detail im all too familiar with... if you buy gloves that are too tight or tooo loose they might still get cold.. you want them on your hands just right!! try and see if you have a retailer close by before snagging them off the internet or at least go and try a pair on even if you buy them else where... if they were short money I wouldn't bother to mention it.. but they're up there with the rest of them.. although I have zero complaints...

jay..

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 12-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM

The ones from the US are cheaper than the ones from the UK thats with the shipping costs too!
So are their sizes different from other makes of gloves? I have a pair of Furytex at the the mo in a medium and they fit right.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM

im really not sure but im always ultra paranoid when buying off the internet especially something that has to fit and this case fit right... especially this type of clothing.
you want them loose enough to create that warm air barrior.. too tight and the wind will make contact with your skin.. too bulky and they won be comfortable..
just where you buy them make sure they have a good reputation for exchanges..
ill give you my impression of the ones I bought from a retail outlet.. i'm 5' 10" and mine are x-large and they fit perfect.. the gaughtlet part slips over my leather jacket half way up my forearm and they have two points at which you can adjust them once you slip them on..
you know I would probably say, if you normally wear a large go with an extra large and so on..

well im off.. today we're having very un-seasonable weather 50's and i'm def taking advantage of not having to wear my hotdog suit today..

jay

Quick Reply: Sooo cold