Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

As soon as I can ride again ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default As soon as I can ride again ...

..I want to strap a video camera/digital camera to myself and take some fast S bends at warp speed to show you guys the speed with which counter steering can make a bike instantly change direction ..I want this for the counter steering thread ..just one problem, I dont have a clue as to how to do this ..I want to take in the clocks as well as the road ahead fairly clearly ..obviously as little vibration and general movement as possible ..so ..how do you guys do videos of your clocks and the road ahead??

Jules

Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: As soon as I can ride again ...

Jules this will sound sorta barbarick but i did something like what you mean yesterday. I took a rag and folded up a few times, set my camera on the rag then set on the tank. Took duct tape and taped down the rag, then took tape and taped the camera to the tank. Took long strips accros the top, it looked like a suspension bridge over the camera. I have a tinted screen but if you watch the first 45 seconds of this vid you can see it came out pretty well. The rag dampened the vibrations nicely.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p318/TK954rr/?action=view¤t=wheeliehowto.flv

Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 AM

Hey if it works it works and your video certainly was stable enough :-) ... I was thinking of some extra height though .. so the camera takes in the clocks but also sees over the screen ..I guess I would have to wrap myself in duct tape or something around my mid section ..I was thinking if attached to me it would dampen out the vibes too!!

Jules

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

The only thing with that though is it may give a false perspective, because its going to lean with your body and not your bike. I dont know how much you lean or hang off, but you prolly get my drift here.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

The only thing with that though is it may give a false perspective, because its going to lean with your body and not your bike. I dont know how much you lean or hang off, but you prolly get my drift here.
I dont lean or hang off ...I let counter steering do all the work ..seriously I stay bolt upright but the bike dances :-)

I want to be able to show this with reaonable clarity when I can :-)

Also because these are S bends I know very well I want to show the speed with which counter steering lets me pick the bike up from leaned over left to right and back again without any body movement ..

Jules

Old 08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

That would make a cool vid, or even try it both ways. Rig up one run on your torso somehow, and video it. Then do the same run with a tank mount, then edit them together so you can see the variance from body to bike on the same corners. I should think you have a project to think about now

Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

That would make a cool vid, or even try it both ways. Rig up one run on your torso somehow, and video it. Then do the same run with a tank mount, then edit them together so you can see the variance from body to bike on the same corners. I should think you have a project to think about now
That is a great idea!! :-) ...thank you for the this :-) ..I am determined to try this when I can ..

Jules

Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM

so why cant you ride?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

so why cant you ride?
I am extremely thin and weak just now ..still trying to build my weight back up ..I have no upper body strength at all and the last time I tried to move my bike I ended up pinned beneath it ...

Jules

Old 08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Retired Moderator

Do they have KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)over there, or is that just in the fat old USA? If you have, eat alot of that and do some curls with pints of ale...

Quick Reply: As soon as I can ride again ...